crankshaft sensor bracket

ghostryder

my crankshaft sensor bracket seems bent. iknow my balancer is all the way on. my crankshaft sensor bracket seem to be at an angle the sensor ring on balancer sits just above the slot on the sensor but if I pry the bracket up the ring on balancer sits right in it. is there a certain way the bracket goes on or certain position the bolts go in. car won't start and that appears to be the reason. I went over everything else. any suggestions I dire need of help

thanks

did you just replace the balancer or the crankshaft sensor? are all of the bolts in the crank pulley...i would think that if the balancer was wobbling that it could obviously bend the sensor bracket...wobbling balancer leads to a no start.

I put in a brand new engine and its a brand new balancer. so this is the first time trying to start it. when it was cranking the balancer wasn't wobbling. using the original sensor and bracket

Unless there was a change in years when I pulled mine and replaced it it was just 3 bolts holding it on...perhaps it was damaged on the previous engine.

Back