FM Intercooler

blksc

We've all seen the HP gains from the front mounted intercooler, but my question is whether it produces more power because its more efficient than the smaller stock one. And is it possible to get the same gains from a more efficient stock size intercooler ?

A while back I looked into a IC core that could be made in any size I wanted. I was looking to make a double thichness cooler, but there wasn't much interest to make it cheap enough to warrant further investgation. The cores were a extruded "tube and fin design. The fins only stuck out a little to provide more surface area without interducing more turbulance, which makes it more restrictive, plus the fact that there was more area in the core (due to the 1/2"-3/4" that is taken up by welding the two together). Core cost was about $450 just the core for 1, Plus the labor to put the endtanks on (if you just wanted the core that was fine too).

Jeff

well honestly i think comparable gains can be reached without the 1550 price tag of the mp system. not that i think its a flawed design or anything, im just looking for the best bang for the buck.

Spearco used to offer an IC that fit in the stock location, and flowed much better, but it was pretty expensive, too.

Spearco used to offer an IC that fit in the stock location, and flowed much better, but it was pretty expensive, too.

OH did they ? do you remember how much it was ? IM actually looking to use my stock IC, with the addition of NOS injected onto the IC

Back