9 Second Barrier is BROKEN!!!

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
Car ran a 9.956 @ 135.12 mph and a 1.364 60' yesterday at Cecil County Dragway.

Temps in the low 40 but bright and sunny it was a great day. I spent most of the day not able to find traction and spinning to times in the mid 10s. About mid afternoon I took about 400 rpm out of my 2-step setting and it was much better at the line with a 1.47 60' and a 10.19 @ 133 shaking the tires at the line. It seemed like I was going the right way with things so I pulled 300 rpm more out of the 2-step....it hooked perfect, I didn't screw up any shifts, the sun was shining, stars were aligned.....

I posted the time slip over in the non-tech forum and Chris was good enough to get the whole thing on video for me.....

My wide band wasn't working so I wasn't logging AFR but you can see in the video it was plenty rich....kind of like a streak of lightning emerging from a thunder cloud!!!

Congrats Brian, glad I was there to see it LIVE!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4Bnvrzeckro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice job Brian! Run looked really good. It's been a long journey since I made fun of you at the 2004 Shootout. Looks like the jokes on me now. :) Very impressed with your accomplishment.

Congrats man! Time for a 10point and a chute with the ET's dropping and the MPH climbing

Now we've ALL got some catching up to do!:rolleyes:

Congratulations Brian!

I know getting an MN12 to move that fast is no easy task. Like Chris said, lean it out and drop even more time.

The video is great....thanks again Chris.

I have a couple of other vids of the car lifting the front tires a little bit but in this video the car definitely carries the tires for a ways. Fun to watch (for me anyways!!)

Very impressive! Looks to be pushing around 600rwhp. What blower you use?

Last edited:
Back