In need of a performance mechanic

bravo31

I have a 92 sc that is in desperate need of repair before going into storage. There are many aftermarket parts. I bought it this way and im not a mechanic. Im located in Dubuque, IA. Willing to travel if necessary. The technician at the ford dealership is outrageous in labor costs, even with me supplying the parts. Anyone with some downtime that can help woulx be great. Thanks

jared

I can't help out before putting it in storage because my shop is booked until spring, but SC's are all we work on and prices are reasonable. I'm about 9 hrs east though.

Send me a list of what is needed to be done. I am in DSM and am getting some free time coming up. When does it need to be done by? Could possibly do the work in a shop near Nevada, but need to know what all needs to be done and if the vehicle can be brought this far west?

Thanks for reply dave, just too many miles between at this moment. Ok, got to see the sc in person today. I was right, the bearings did need to be replaced....quite some time ago. The turbines, having about a mm of play, caused them to wear down and possibly damaged the casing, losing boost. My question now is my mtx blower salvageable? I have a spare sc on hand but dont want to go back to stock. Any machinist thats willing? Let me know. Heres some pics, the damage is on the right side, and I was told a piece of bearing chipped off and gouged it! Im all ears at this point.

jaredPhoto.jpegPhoto-1.jpegPhoto-2.jpeg

Back