Mustang swap

Even if kooks headers for an SC cleared in the engine bay of a mustang you'd then have to have a custom exhaust fabricated to hook up to them, if you use off the shelf long tubes form either MAC or Pace setter for the 3.8L Mustang then you can get inexpensive bolt on h or x pipes for the long tubes that will also pair directly to any GT/Cobra dual exhaust system, stock or aftermarket. If you already ahve kooks on hand then i suppose you ought to just try and see though if you're looking to purchase the mustang long tubes are significantly cheaper though probably not as good as kooks.

Have you already started your swap? I did one last year on my buddies V6 mustang, here are some of the odd things and solutions I ended up using on the car, i hope they help you in your quest to put one in if you haven't already ran into these issues already. We used all mustang electronics, sensors and eec with a tune.

The master cylinder and lines have major interference between them and the intercooler to the intake plenum piping. We ended up using a master cylinder from a ranger/explorer, 15/16" if i recall same size as a cobra MC but it has the ports on the shock tower side, then bent some chunks of brake line bent to connect to the prop valve below, bends are tight but clear the shock tower, if you go this route don't forget to adjust the rod in the booster.

We also ended up using for the air filter/cold air intake for a 99-04 v6 mustang with a little bit of trimming to the pipes it fit pretty well.

We used a 95/95 Mustang GT throttle cable and throttle body, we did have to build a cable clamp for the gas pedal side to tension the cable correctly a 5/16 or 1/4" bolt with a hole drilled through it did the trick nicely and has handled many hard throttle stabs without issue. We originally used a cable clamp from the parts store but its to small and despite tightening it as tight as we could it didn't have enough clamping to handle hard throttle usage and eventually came loose.

We did find the stock mustang radiator, possibly just due to age and crud accumulation didn't particularly like to cool the SC engine in the summer and had to upgrade to a larger aluminum unit and aftermarket fan.

Back