Air in the coolant

Icebird

I have some issue with my SC I put in it new engine 2 years ago. I have had always sins then air bubbles in the coolant and I am thinking that I can start to hurt the motor if I not get it out. How do I bleed the air out ?

Palli

If you fill the reservoir, after 2-3 hot cold cycles if you remove the radiator cap it should spill fluid and the reservoir level should drop a bit. If it does, it's good. The air has most likely purged. If you keep checking it you'll keep creating air in the system. If you continue loose fluid in the reservoir, that's time to worry. If no leaks obviously seen check the head gaskets.

In case you don't know this, the bolt with the "vent" label is actually drilled through so it can function as a vent. You can loosen the bolt and run the engine up to temp and let it purge air. But the hole in the bolt can get blocked by deposits. Might be worth a look.

In case you don't know this, the bolt with the "vent" label is actually drilled through so it can function as a vent. You can loosen the bolt and run the engine up to temp and let it purge air. But the hole in the bolt can get blocked by deposits. Might be worth a look.

Good advice. When you're bleeding air out at this bleeder screw, loosen it lightly (but don't completely remove the screw) until air starts to hiss out. When the air stops hissing, then the air has been bled out of the system. A little bit of coolant will trickle out and this is okay.

Back