Temp repair of transmission line????

XxSlowpokexX

Its not for my SC. Seems from my motor mount going in my jaguar it put stress on my transmission line. The line looks perfect however one warm it leaks from the aluminum feral area. Any ideas besides removal? Not money its getting the part in before it snows or something. I was thinking jb weld but fluid may seep out before it cures even if clean it perfect. Unsure. But any ideas???

Attachments

• IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 128
How about cutting the metal line, flaring the end, and using some rubber hose to join the 2 ends, eliminating that leaky fitting entirely.

How about cutting the metal line, flaring the end, and using some rubber hose to join the 2 ends, eliminating that leaky fitting entirely.
I'll third it. Its how I fixed the leaks on my SC's trans cooler lines. Just use hydraulic hose, not fuel line.

I'll 4th it

and I'll raise it by saying I've done a lot more with a lot less ;)

I wouldn't think twice to cut it out

I think the line is already shaped with bulbs to keep a hose on. The aluminum ferrule is just a crimped-on retainer, that won't loosen, unlike a hose clamp. The question is, is the rubber hose bad? Just a little aged? Or did the metal line crack? If you do go in after this leak, I would proceed carefully. Get the aluminum ferrule off with a hacksaw, nippers, cutoff wheel, or some combination thereof. Then evaluate the rubber hose and metal line separately.

But I suspect that you don't want to get that far into it at this point.

Back