Installed new solid rear subframe bushings. Everything look right?

HwyStar

No instructions included. Based on how things lined up it didn't look like I could use much of the original hardware. Look right to you guys?

Looks right to me. Nice shop! I think you need a new microwave stand though, seems a bit crooked.

Thanks! Big Dave has been working out of my shop while Ive been deployed. He is the man when it comes to building transmissions, but he is very disorganized.... We are putting up a 40 x 60 on his property in the spring. Still have to lay the slab. Not sure how we are to do that in this weather....

rear bushing

No instructions included. Based on how things lined up it didn't look like I could use much of the original hardware. Look right to you guys?

nice job. looks good to me , I wanted to change mine aswell ,but was wandering how to get that bottom bolt out without it breaking.how long did it take u to do the that?

Not long. I just moved forward one turn and back 1/2 to clean the threads at the start. I knew it would be a problem since it was a through bolt and water could settle on it. Looking at the car you wouldn't have thought the bolts would be ever came out! I dropped the sub frame to get at everything and put Mark VIII lowers on with poly bushings.

lift

Not long. I just moved forward one turn and back 1/2 to clean the threads at the start. I knew it would be a problem since it was a through bolt and water could settle on it. Looking at the car you wouldn't have thought the bolts would be ever came out! I dropped the sub frame to get at everything and put Mark VIII lowers on with poly bushings.

it also helps ..if u have access to a lift.

It took about 45k dollars to do so far. And, a lot of work to get the building up wired and the lift setup. I got the money by doing lots of side work. About three years of it. Building passed code and is on my tax Plat, but still have work to do. Some small stuff and spray foaming the inside 2". With that and the ac I will be able to control the humidity and temps. No more my Cougar will rust due to temp change! That, and I can do more side work.

Back