TVS 2300 supercharger installed on my 96 v8 bird

blown1996bird

I finally got the tvs 2300 blower installed to replace my m112 blower. It fought me all the way. I am going Tuesday to get it re tuned. I am hoping for a good increase in power from the m112 blower. Tork tech could sell a lot more kits it they modified the kit so that the cobra take off blower and aftermarket ones are a direct bolt on and would not require any modifications to the supercharger. ItIt is like trying to put 100 pounds of stuff in a 5 pound sack on this install.
DSCN0226.jpg

Awesome, belt wrap looks really good too...I'm sure you will see more power, post results. So is that meth injection....substitute for no inter cooler?

Last edited:
Looks great Steve. What kind of power was the car making with the old blower and what are you expecting to see with this TVS ?

David

What all has been done to this Bird? Forged bottom end? Stock? I'd like to know some specs on it. I've been tossing around the idea for years now, and its good to see someone actually go through with it!

dave the old tork tech setup with the m112 made 452 rwhp and 484 rwtq. I expect to be above 500 rwhp after the change. I will have to change to a triple disk torque converter my single one has trouble locking under wot it was not a problem at 350 hp but at 450 it just does not cut it. I am also planing on upgrading the rear suspension with delrin bushings switching to a 31 spline pumpkin changing to a mustang bolt pattern and 33 spline hubs with custom half shafts.

I have a built engine teksid block forged internals tfs heads and mild cams. Modified transmission fuel system ect ect

Steve,

Very reasonable goal and I don't think you will have any trouble reaching it. Not sure if your aware, but DSS makes some 28 spline halfshafts that are rated at around 700 HP and are direct replacments for the stock halfshafts. All you need to do is transfer the ABS sensor rings. I'm using them in my 93 SC with an Auburn Pro diff. With an automatic transmission I'm sure they will handle the HP you are planning to make. I got mine through Robert Pearson. See this thread for more info.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthr...ics-added-1-23)/page2&highlight=DSS+halfshaft

David

update

going to the engine tuner tomorrow. The 3.3 inch supercharger pulley rubs the underside of the hood. I had to make four shims out of aluminum to space the k member down 1/4 inch. I would probly go with 3/8 inch spacers but 1/4 inch will do I would also use the vmp 3.2 Inch pulley.

Hey Steve looks good! What MAFS and injectors are you using? And did you use your stock cruise control cable? Mine will not reach. I was wondering if a 03/04 Cobra one would work.

I am using 60# hr injectors and a sct mass air meeter I am not sure of the number any more but it was not that much more that a stock lighting. I wanted to make sure that the mass air meeter had enough resolution but not too much.

Back