Found the window sticker for the Cougar!

HwyStar

I was digging through the paperwork the previous owner had given me with the car. The previous owner didnt have it long and there was a pile of tire replacements with other odds and ends. I also found some personally identifiable information that people would think twice about giving out no days. Remember when you could trust people not to steal identity info?? Anyway, gave me a look into who these people were, more history to the car. The first owners were a couple that werent married, lived somewhere in Alabama.

I was digging through the paperwork the previous owner had given me with the car. The previous owner didnt have it long and there was a pile of tire replacements with other odds and ends. I also found some personally identifiable information that people would think twice about giving out no days. Remember when you could trust people not to steal identity info?? Anyway, gave me a look into who these people were, more history to the car. The first owners were a couple that werent married, lived somewhere in Alabama.

cool find... 17 - 23 mpg... I wish!!! lol

Sweet find. I bought my 96 LX from the original owner, had all receipts since new, including the window sticker. It's really cool to have that after many years.

Yeah, the girlfriend(or common law wife??) ran into something on the driver passenger side 3 months after they bought the car. I found a bill for a corner marker light, a emblem, and a trim piece along with the paint and labor to repair it. I think I was getting about that kind of mileage with the automatic in the car before the engine locked up. I do remember getting 29mpg almost every tank with my old '89 5 speed though. I dont think this car will be getting that kind of mileage again!

The guy I bought my 89 SC from was the original owner, and had all the documentation that he has ever done to the car, including the window sticker. Thats how I was able to confirm the car only had 47k miles.

Back