HELP! Fuel injector question

racecougar

I need to know the resistance required to fire fuel injectors for a 1994 3.8L N/A and fuel injectors for a 1994 3.8L SC. Thanks for any help.

Not sure but you can turn to this book. Ford Fuel Injection and Electronic Control manual; Charles Probst. Very comprehensive publication. Amazon.com or Barnes and Nobles sell it.

SC (and NA injectors) are the high impedance (12 - 16 ohms) variety. (Low impedance injectors are typically 2 - 4 ohms). The impedance can be determined by measuring the resistance of the coil in the injector.

If I had a 94 SC injector I'd measure it's resistance. The fact of the matter is, I want to know if I need them before I buy a set (I need to be certain if a 94 SC injector is high or low impedance). If anybody out there has a 94 SC injector, I'd really appreciate it if you could measure the resistance in it and let me know how many Ohms it is.

Thanks

I was just confused when you said that NA injectors were also high impedance. The 94 NA injectors I measured were around 5.1 Ohms. Here's the situation:

I installed a 2000 splitport 3.8L in my 94 Tbird. I'm using a 94 SC computer to run everything (no I cannot use the 2000 Mustang EEC). My DIS ignition system is working, but the fuel injectors are not firing. I haven't had a chance to get a noid light hooked up to check to make sure that they are getting a signal to fire from the EEC, but I'm pretty sure they are. Which leaves me with one possibility, I'm running the wrong impedance injectors for that EEC. The 2000 style injectors measured to be about the same resistance as the 94 N/A ones that I have, approximately 5 Ohms. Basically, I need to know for sure that the N/A ones (or the 2000 pencil style ones) are a low impedance and that the 94 SC EEC requires high impedance ones. Then I'll need to look up the company that makes the adapters to install the 94 SC injectors on the 2000 engine.

The 94 SC injectors are high impedance and I would be suprised if any factory Ford came with low impedance injectors, but I don't know about the 2000 style injectors.

Do you have a good wiring diagram? Did you swap out the the LX harness (PCM and engine) for the SC harness? The reason I ask is that there could be differences in the pinouts. Are you running the SC crank sensor, SC cam sensor and SC dis module? What type of coil packs does the split port run?

I used a Helm's wiring diagram for 1994 Tbird's. I basically made my own harness from the original LX harness with a 94 SC harness and the 2000 harness. Trust me, all the wiring is correct. I used the 94 SC DIS module, cam sensor, crank sensor, and coil pack. How are you certain that low impedance injectors were not used on N/A motors? Do you have anything you could refer me to online that might give specs on the injectors Ford used for the N/A's and for the SC's?

Back