hesitation on acceleration

95supercoupe70

Hi I have 95 sc and recently I gave it some gas and the engine started bogging, seemed like a loss of power. I pulled the codes and changed the MAF and BAP sensor but problem still occurs. Runs fine otherwise but upon acceleration it sounds like a bogging noise. Please help.

pull mass airflow sensor and clean it,same thing happened to my 95 i changed every sensor that i could find,turned out to be dirty maf sensor had oil or something on the wires.

Got brand new maf sensor still nothing, no more codes either. my guess maybe fuel pump but it starts right up. Or bad cat?

Yes it boosts normally around 12-15 lbs. it just makes an obvious bogging or popping noise on wot. Normal cruise driving seems fine otherwise

When did u do a tune-up to our SC, plugs and wire?it could be that also;connection to our battery ;crack maybe in one of ur airlines?ice would checks for these items

When did u do a tune-up to our SC, plugs and wire?it could be that also;connection to our battery ;crack maybe in one of ur airlines?ice would checks for these items

Probably the best thing to check - sounds like either ignition is weak (spark gap excessive), or maybe fuel delivery is weak. You can rent or buy a cheap fuel pressure test kit to make sure pressure rises with boost.

Yeah I changes plugs and wires about a year ago. I also noticed that on wot the check engine light came on. I ran a test, came up as a bad dpfe sensor. I'm gonna try that and see if that does it.

You may have a cold air leak somewhere in the intake system. An air intake leak is unmetered unmeasured air so it'll go very lean when you open the throttle and it bogs. I've had this problem several times. A leak anywhere after the MAF up to and including the IC tube connections could cause this type of problem.

Back