Center dash bezel removal?

jjklongisland

So I am assuming I need a Ford removal key tool to get the climate control out of the center stack. Is that correct. I am trying to remove the plastic bezel to modify it but the wires are too taught to get back there to disconnect from the climate control. What am I doing wrong?

Find a pair of single DIN stereo removal hoops (u-shaped with flat ends)...should only be a few bucks. I can't recall if you insert and then level them from the center, out or the other way round.

Find a pair of single DIN stereo removal hoops (u-shaped with flat ends)...should only be a few bucks. I can't recall if you insert and then level them from the center, out or the other way round.

Kind of figured, on my way to autozone now... Doubt they will have them...

I'd be shocked if they don't. You can buy these things @ 7-11 :) I must have 3 pairs by now. Try Harbor Freight Tools, Car Toys, Walmart., eBay..just don't pay more than a few $.

I've used 4 nails out of the stash of nails in my basement. Probably doesn't work as well as the official tool, but that's all I've ever used over the past 20 years.

Got the tool. Tried removing the climate control module but there is not enough slack to get my dam hands back there to disconnect the harnesses. I could only get one out the 4 I think that are back there.

Also cant figure out how this disconnects and cant get a socket to fit it. Any advice on getting this stupid piece out would be appreciated.

Not enough room to get an open end wrench, needle nose vice grips, etc. on those two speed nuts?

Can you disconnect the (12" long?) ganged tubing on the other end? Note the yellow line may be off by itself.

The only one I ever removed completely was in a wreck and I cheated and cut those lines...

It might help to put the dash piece back and then pull the control box forward where you can get to any connector locks that require access from below.

Here's a photo of a digital control box from the rear...same only different.
$_57.JPG

Thanks for the photo bro. You are always a huge help!. I am going to try tomorrow when I have more patience. I am going to reinstall the bezel and just try remove the climate control. If I can get it out then I will ask my buddy to give me a hand. Its just frustrating because this is something I should be able to do... lol

Back