power steering evo o rings

I have a power steering leak, wich i caused. The orings i removed from the swivel on the evo are square. Is this correct or has somebody been here before, do you think? I have parts coming from ford.

Ya, i have the parts coming from ford. I was wondering if square were original or if somebody tried to do an upgrade. Ford couldnt tell me round or square.

The two white teflon rings are square:

Teflon Seal: 388898-S
Teflon Seal: 388897-S

The black o-rings are round.

Last edited:
If round is the type, then somebody replaced them with square ones. They are square, all four sides. Even the tank ring is square. I think that i have been reading these threads, but havent seen a word about square rings. I work with a lot of heavy equipment and have seen square rings, but not often.

Ya, i have the parts coming from ford. I was wondering if square were original or if somebody tried to do an upgrade. Ford couldnt tell me round or square.

Can you post your part numbers and prices please? Would be interested in your outcomes. I just found my steering leak is coming from the EVO.

I called my dealer this is what he told me. Looking from out to in. A Teflon type seal pn 391032-s next in line oring pn 387571-s100 last oring pn 384995-s94. I will try to double check later. They were inexpensive. Just under a million. Lol.

I called my dealer this is what he told me. Looking from out to in. A Teflon type seal pn 391032-s next in line oring pn 387571-s100 last oring pn 384995-s94. I will try to double check later. They were inexpensive. Just under a million. Lol.

Sweet, if you're not able to check the prices i'll do that during the weekend. I saw one option in the forum that required buying two seal kits at $20 per kit. Not the best option considering a reman pump is going for about $80 according to Advance Auto. Plus my pump is perfectly fine other than the leaky seals.

Thanks for the info man!

I remember buying those seal kits. I couldn't get them to seal.I don't remember why though. The Ford parts worked.

If round is the type, then somebody replaced them with square ones. They are square, all four sides. Even the tank ring is square. I think that i have been reading these threads, but havent seen a word about square rings. I work with a lot of heavy equipment and have seen square rings, but not often.

It's been noted on TCCoA that these teflon o-rings will square off as they age due to the way the pressure is applied to them.

RwP

Ordered the o-rings from the dealer today. They ranged from a dollar to two bux. I'll post exact prices tomorrow for future reference.

Just picked them up.

391032-S - $1.17 each
384975-S94 - $0.48 each
387571-S100 - $0.96 each

I paid $6.33 total for enough o-rings for two EVO repairs...minus one 391032-S....they could only get one or i'd have to order an entire bag. I'll just source the remaining o ring online.

Back