Supercoupe idling poorly

Charkly

Damn it all-I just bought a 93 thunderbird sc, and it doesnt idle good. Ever since my friend had it it would always stumble below 1000 rpm's. It runs great, and has a 5speed. I know it needs an 02 sensor, and everything is stock with 99k on it. Anyone else have this problem-also, im looking for any performance parts for sale for this car, and really want a good clutch kit. Anything performance for this car will get my attention, and i really would like to know if anyone elses car has had this problem. -please help asap-thanks-email at: OefeleinKC@aol.com

give it a tune up plugs (double platinum) and good wires.
idle should be about 7-750 rpm's.
you can get performance parts at supercoupeperformance.com or mn12.com.
peace
were in upstate?

Last edited:
Change the O2 sensors (driver's and passenger side)
Check both motor mounts and the tranny mount.
Check for vacumn leaks in intake tube and all of the IC joints.
Plugs and wires.

The motor mounts are most probably bad if they are original. They are not all that bad to do, 2-3 hours per side if you don't have a lift.

Aaron

I put motor mounts in the car when i got it, and it has new plugs and wires-all stock though. I got a boost wuestion. Nice to finally talk to some people with supercoupes too-what does your boost gauge do ifd you free rev your car-does it go up only when you rev it quickly, and then go right down-im not sure whats normal, or if its supposed to stay up if you hold the throttle-also, if you free rev it slowly, it doesnt go into the boost section at all-thanks-just curious.

i dunno....i had the same problem with my XR7 idling very bad. im talking somewhere between 400-550 rpm. i changed the O2 sensors, spark plugs, wire, coil, and the DIS....come to find out, it was the DIS...i wish i wouldve known that would have fixed it 8 months ago....

what does your boost gauge do ifd you free rev your car-does it go up only when you rev it quickly, and then go right down-im not sure whats normal, or if its supposed to stay up if you hold the throttle-also, if you free rev it slowly, it doesnt go into the boost section at all-thanks-just curious.

mine does that, and i havent had a problem with it....if im not mistaken, doesnt the supercharger run off of a vacuum operated clutch? thats probably why the gauge moves when you free-rev it...correct me if im wrong....im new to the supercharger world, im used to turbos.....

Back