Door hinges on a 95

rickbtbird

The drivers side door could use a new set of hinges. I've heard good and bad about replacing the pins on a 95. What's my other alternatives?

You said needs hinges, then asked about pins. Are the bushings so bad that the hinges are shot now? With the door 1/2 way open, how high can you lift it up/down?

The pin repair is typically the pin and the bushings as long as the wear didn't go into the hinge. I've done both doors on my '90 and it wasn't that hard..don't know about the '95s being harder? I also did the rollers and their pins while I was in there.

Rock Auto want's $3.04 for one pin & two bushings. $3.58 for roller and it's pin....just example prices...should be common locally w/o paying RQ shipping too.

If the hinges themselves are shot, I think you'd have to pull used/good ones from a donor (good way to judge the job and learn how first) and then do that job again on your car, but I'd pin/bushing/roller them first.

I'd do whatever I could to avoid removing the hinges themselves...ton more work, I think.

I check and the lower left is $110 and change and the upper $74.13 not shipped. My lower is about to break so I'm going to order them.

HINGE ASY - DOOR
Part #: 22810
HINGE ASY
Part #: 22800

Source http://www.fordparts.com

Last edited:
I must have a damn good parts man then, and i prolly gave more than i remember but not that much. Must have told my ole lady 45 hehehe.

Back