ARC - Brak Pressure Switch

SuperCoupe007

Hello guys and gals,

I have my 90 SC that is peeing brake fluid out of the brake pressure switch for the ARC. I have replaced the switch three separate times, with junk yard pieces and they all have failed. I tried calling my local auto zone and o'reilly and they could not find such a part in their catalog. I looked at rock auto, but had no luck.

I used the search feature, but the leads that i found did not lead me to a solid part number. I found information such as; Jaguar had a part that they share, but saw no part number. Wells PS400 but read that it was a power steering switch that could not handle our 400PSI system, a supply shop (Greenline) near Sean that should have the plugs that work PN: 1100-03 (O-RING BOSS ORB HEX PLUG) and PN: 1100H-03 (O-RING BOSS ORB HOLLOW HEX PLUG but did not find anything on the web.

I am sure there are people who have gone down this rabbit hole and wanted to see if anybody could point me in the right direction with a vendor(s) and part numbers. I am kind of tired of using 20+ year old part.
The picture that has a top view is an actual picture I took from my vehicle, poor picture so I also added a side view picture that I found during my search.

Thanks in advance,
:)

Attachments

• pressure switch.jpg
    pressure switch.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 261
  • ARC Brake  Switch.jpg
    ARC Brake Switch.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 185
>I am sure there are people who have gone down this rabbit hole

Lots of discussion, endless part number, cross-over chasing, etc. but there are no new, so a part number [ E7SC3N824AA 012 ] won't help.

Used only.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Good morning

I could be wrong but I believe O'Reilly Auto Parts sells the replacements switches. Made by AC Delco and BWD. Specifically identified for brake service only. Price exceeds $ 115.00.

Good morning

I could be wrong but I believe O'Reilly Auto Parts sells the replacements switches. Made by AC Delco and BWD. Specifically identified for brake service only. Price exceeds $ 115.00.

Interesting. Do you have a part number ?

My bad. I should have been more specific.
I meant Part number listed under on the O'reilly website.

My bad. I should have been more specific.
I meant Part number listed under on the O'reilly website.

O'reilly's website calls it the power steering pressure switch: S26764 by BWD or Part # F3987 by AC Delco...says to call for availability - many have called over the years and the answer it always the same. Zip.

Again, all the numbers that have ever applied are in the existing threads. No one has new stock...anywhere. Nothing crosses over. Nothing works in it's place from another system or industry. Every effort to communicate with multiple vendors and suppliers has failed to either turn up a substitute (regardless of cost or original application), or gain traction in filling the very small need. If you can think of something to try, someone else has already tried and exhausted it.

Please, instead of starting or contributing to yet another lengthy brake pressure switch discussion that just ends in the same conclusion, please spend time searching, thanks.

Last edited:
Good morning

I have done my research and came up with the same conclusion! However, Sam Jones seem to indicate that O'Reilly had the switch.

Unlike most people I know I'm not perfect and I thought I might missed something. You know the same way that some people can't read the thread.

I did one around 7 years ago. I though I used one I sourced from RockAuto.com It's listed as a Power Steering Pressure Sensor by STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS part number PSS18 $85.00.

The other alternative is to plug the fitting and eliminate the switch. Its an NPT thread... take it to the hardware store to match it up. Now as for thread sealer, IIRC, teflon tape will work for a while, but I've never had it last. It eventually drips again. My last attempt was to try Permatex 2 which is *supposedly* resistant to brake fluid once it sets up. Its seems to work, but I don't drive that car very much, so I can't say for sure. Good luck.

i had one leak a few years back as well, I too plugged mine

also, I don't recommend taking the sensor out the block to reuse it, if your going to get a used one replace the whole block, once you take the sensor out its only a matter of time before it leaks

Back