Empty EEC plug

BUDXR7

I was curious if the empty EEC plug in the underhood fuse panel is connected to anything or is it really unused? Reason I ask is I was looking for a neat and buttoned up way of wiring a relay for an Ic fan if I install one.

Also, is there a signal I could use that would shut a relay off at say a given mph? Or a temp probe? If temp probe what would be a good temp? Relay would be on with ignition I suppose.

Thanks

That socket is unused on our cars...notice the *.

As for a trigger, prevailing logic says to run an IC fan all the time. If you turn it on and off based on need or speed it will be too late to do any good if it's actually needed.

Ok. So i imagine I could plug a 5 pin relay in there with a pin that goes nowhere to simulate a 4 pin on/off relay. Anybody have any experience connecting wires to the underside of this plug? I could just use a jumper off another ignition controlled relay, right?

I run a hot off the battery to a relay mounted up next to the IC - shortest path for the fan hot. I then routed the relay trigger thru a switch on the side of the steering column bezel so I can turn it off if the engine is off but the key is on.

I also tapped in a feed for a tiny green 'on' indicator LED that sits in a dual gauge pod on the A pillar, right alongside a dual-needle temp gauge for the IC inlet/outlet.

You could tap off the battery or the solenoid for the fan hot, I think and use the coil (key on) hot for a trigger, as on example.

Back