Exhaust Pipes

wisupercoupe

Last edited:
I have that on my 90SC with the original style gas tank. Yes, they are aware of the different tanks, and the system fits well. I have the 2.5" pipes, and while everything clears just fine, I did originally have a rattle from the pipes hitting each other, so I had a couple pieces of angle iron welded between the 2 pipes on top to keep them together and that problem was gone. My friend also has the 2.5" kit for the newer tank on his 94 4.6 tbird, and the fit on that was slightly better, but probably more due to the fact that there is plenty of room with the newer style tank while the older style tank is a bit of a tight fit for 2.5" pipes. I would think dual 2.25" pipes would fit just as well on either kit. Either way, it is a good quality kit at a great price, so you can't go wrong with whatever one you get.

I'd b really interested in group buy. Include the down pipes I saw on another thread, but DON'T see on the site. Might b in 4 a couple sets

Adam

I was going to order the 2.5" stainless kit soon but I can wait If a group buy gets started, count me in.

Question: I have a 1990 with the wide tank, do you guys think the tank upgrade will make a big difference in a mildly modded car? definitely under 300hp

I was going to order the 2.5" stainless kit soon but I can wait If a group buy gets started, count me in.

Question: I have a 1990 with the wide tank, do you guys think the tank upgrade will make a big difference in a mildly modded car? definitely under 300hp

Nope. With the 2.5" pipes, you will have plenty of flow for that power level.

Alright let me know who needs which kit? 89-93 put a year of system needed in your next post please. When I get a price I will put the information in a new post in the GB section with a link here, but I need to know how many of each is needed.

Your screen name, year of system needed let's keep this simple and 89-91 will be "89" and 92-97 will be "94". Quantity, Size of exhaust "2.25" or "2.5" and type "Alum" or "304" and finally the sku "252" or "272".

Example below:

Birdofprey97: 94 1 2.5" 304 252

Put the above please. Help me keep this organized.

Last edited:
Alright let me know who needs which kit? 89-93 put a year of system needed in your next post please. When I get a price I will put the information in a new post in the GB section with a link here, but I need to know how many of each is needed.

Your screen name, year of system needed let's keep this simple and 89-93 will be "89" and 94-97 will be "94". Quantity, Size of exhaust "2.25" or "2.5" and type "Alum" or "304" and finally the sku "252" or "272".

Example below:

Birdofprey97: 94 1 2.5" 304 252

Put the above please. Help me keep this organized.

FYI, 89-91 is one style, and 92-97 is the other style. I just don't want anyone with a 92/93 getting the wrong style pipe.

I'm definitely up for a group buy......oddly enough, I was looking at their website today before I had seen this thread. I have to figure out what I'm going to go with, but later on tonight, I should have all the details on my end.

Back