injection to carb conversion

thunder66

Just wondering whether a conventional carb could be mounted on top of the blower, bypassing the fuel injection and air intake system altogether. No it doesn't make sense, but it sure would be fun driving around with the carb and intake scoop sticking out of the hood. There are five o's running around that have been converted from injection to carbortor so, i was just wondering if a supercoupe could also be converted.

no, since thats the outlet of the blower and not the inlet, you would be spraying fuel everywhere:rolleyes:

:D , thats pretty funny if someone actually hooked it up

invert and do something like this

like this but with carbs you know the gas may cool blower some. ive thought of this but fuel injection is much more precise than carbs, im also thinking of propane injection before blower to cool blower.

Last edited:
i dont think the gas would cool the blower, it would cool the air, somewhat..i did something like that with my toyota soarer. i drilled a hole into my intake track, right after the intercooler, and injected it with alcohol. the injector was a window spraying thing, and the alcohol had its own reservoir, and i had a switch by the shifter. i know the alcohol didnt give me any extra power, it was the fact that when the alcohol evaporated, it cooled the air, to a certain degree...isnt it, for every 3 degrees cooler the air going into the engine, its 1 extra hp....

CARB ?? EEWWWWW :eek:

How about a nice points-type distributor and a drum-brake conversion for all 4 corners of the car while you're at it ... :p

Please do not attempt this on an SC ... having said that, it's your car, so you are entitled to do pretty much whatever you feel like with it !!

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

BTW, notice even the 68 Cougar in my sig. has EFI on it ... just don't like them carburetors :D

carbs ewww?

carbs arent that bad, for todays standards they probably are...all i know is that when i had my 87 corolla, yes corolla, it was actually more powerful with carbs on it, rather than EFI. not to mention it was louder too. it did use more gas than EFI, and it was harder to start in the morning, but with the carbs on it, it accelerated faster and harder. oh yeah, and with the carbs on it, i could go drifting, and it spit flames out the back easier. its the simple things that keep me happy.....

LOOK AT THE MONKEY! LOOK AT IT! hehe

Amen brother, the simpler the better. But so far, it appears a conversion to carb on the supercoupe would be more trouble than its worth, but I still think it would be way cool if it could be done.

thanks for the replies folks, I was just curious.

Super Coupes are highly allergic to backfiring. Without a pop-off valve, any insertion of fuel before the blower is a no-no.

Glad to have ya onboard,

'bird

It would take you a small fortune to get it running right. Maybe you should put a 86 TBI unit on it from a 5.0 crown vic why your at it.... same as carb, but atleast it will be fuel infection..... I agree with the guy before PLEASE SPARE THE SUPER COUPE.... It doesn't deserve a carb....

But if you do go carb, keep me posted, like to see what the DIS does --- should still work --- in theory....anyways

Back