How to remove supercharger coupler?

95supercoupe70

Is there any way to replace coupler without taking whole supercharger off? I've never replaced any thing on the supercharger before so I'm new to this.

Is there any way to replace coupler without taking whole supercharger off? I've never replaced any thing on the supercharger before so I'm new to this.

You will want to take it off and then remove the 9 bolts that bolt the snout and rotor pack to the case. The SC oil is in this area also. You can remove some of it prior to removing the snout through the drain plug with a syringe and tube.

unbolt the 2x 8mm bolts that hold the throttle linkage and cruise bracket to the plenum
Take a flat head and pop the throttle cable off the throttle blade arm

disconnect the vac lines from the back of the plenum

unbolt the 3 retaining bolts on the top of the blower, 1 on each side and 1 in the front i think 13s and 15mm

use IIRC an 18mm on an impact to break the sc pulley bolt loose

then use a ratch to relieve the tensioner and pull the belt off

Undo the band clamp on the inlet tube

unplug the tps and iac connectors

disconnect the sc outlets top IC pipe from the intercooler 2x 13mm nuts

unplug the fuel regulator vac line on the bsck of the plenum

disconnect the bypass vac line from the front of the plenum

Then lift the sc up and out

going off memory but im pretty sure thats all

takes about 5 minutes after youve done it a couple times

Above is pretty accurate, however I don't believe there is any reason to remove the pulley unless u r doing bearings or an OD pulley at the same time.

Adam

Sure, but the bottom bolts would be a pain, and u would dump NASTY smelling SC oil all over the front/top of ur motor.

Adam

if you take off the black cowl part that the BAP sensor is mounted to, removing the egr isnt hard to get to. use a 1/4 ratchet and a long and short socket and its not anything to cry about. ;) and no need to remove pulley

Man, you know, i'm still impressed by having a supercharged car in that it's a pretty simple bolt on swap, especially for a late model blower swap (with 36 lb injectors too, it's still not difficult).

Back