ARP Stud torque?

aroot1

SCCoA Member
Doing a refresh/head gaskets using ARP Chevy head studs. Are the torque values listed with the stud kit the same when used on a SC? :confused:

I would "ASSUME" so, but we all know what happens when one does that, ESPECIALLY with these cars ;)

Thanks

Adam

30 60 90 with arp moly lube
7 3 1 5 pass side
8 4 2 6

Driver side is the same looking from the fender

A studs torque rating is based on its design strength/material

Ive always torqued the heads to 110, most dont recommend that though

110 wow....I think that's like 30% over the recommended torque for that application.

I do 90 which is 10% above recommended torque.

What are you torqueing the intake bolts to? I understand that there have been a lot of problems with intake gasket leaks and the general opinion is to tighten 'em down more than factory spec. I have the factory manual, but haven't even looked for factory #s yet.

Thanks

Adam

What are you torqueing the intake bolts to? I understand that there have been a lot of problems with intake gasket leaks and the general opinion is to tighten 'em down more than factory spec. I have the factory manual, but haven't even looked for factory #s yet.

Thanks

Adam

I have had SC motors apart a zillion times and one thing i have never experienced is an intake leak! That being said i have NEVER used a torque wrench on the intake just torqued it from the inside out evenly and pretty damn snug RTV on all the coolant passages and a very thin film on all the intake ports. I always thought the factory torque spec on the intake was a joke! The heads however i end at 90 with the ARP studs

Back