PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Carlisle - Saturday night dinner - CONFIRMED WITH OLIVE GARDEN

Pat DiPersia
02-09-2015, 12:46 PM
For several years now, we have been hitting the Olive Garden near Carlisle. They have always been a gracious host and have given us their back/private room. The last few years we've filled it and spilled out in to the regular dining area.

I have a feeling this isn't going to work this year. I'd like to start looking in to alternatives, but I'm going to need a rough head count.

Please reply to this thread if you will be attending the Official SCCoA Carlisle Dinner on Saturday night (No, SCCoA isn't paying for dinner, sorry.) Please let me know how many will be attending as well. Thanks.

davec73
02-09-2015, 12:57 PM
I know
David Clark
Jacob Royer
Dan Thornsberry
Kurt Sunday

David Neibert
02-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Kathy and I will both be attending.

David

Kurt K
02-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Jenn & I will be there and I will work on Tom & Julie.

XxSlowpokexX
02-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Im there. There are several places local however they get booked fast. Real fast. So this head count is perhaps more imperative then usual if we think there will be a greater number of people.

ALSO. Keep in mind the TCCOA guys generally join in with us as well.

Tim Groth
02-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Sheena and I will be attending.

-Tim

rjgraul
02-09-2015, 02:30 PM
I will be attending.

davec73
02-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Is it possible to maybe put together catering or cook out somewhere?

BLOWN38
02-09-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm there!

Tim Groth
02-09-2015, 03:52 PM
I see directly acrossed from the Park Inn (google maps view granted) is TGI Friday's/Outback/Carrabba's/Quaker Steak & Lube...I wonder if any of those are able to accommodate...would certainly make it nice to be close to the hotel.

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
02-09-2015, 05:30 PM
TO those that ask. READ THE OFFICIAL THREAD! We do a BBQ at the car show Saturday. I've attended the shootout and you need to understand this is a completely different animal. The show field literally has thousands of cars and many different clubs. You cant roast a pig but we can do a BBQ or even bring some catered food or trays if you like.

People bring grills, food, beverages and what have you. The club chips in some cash to help out and we all bring a little something. If you feel you'd like to help out with that please please please! Let me know what youd like to bring and Ill add to the list. Grills are always a good thing!!!! Food can be bought!

Rob
02-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Hi Pat I'll have four people for dinner this year

SCTBIRD1173
02-10-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm assuming me and my group will be joining the SCCoA for dinner but I will confirm this now.

fast Ed
02-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Hey Pat

Please put me down for at least one plus myself, might be 2 friends coming along.

thanks,

Ed

Ken Seegers
02-18-2015, 03:40 PM
I will be there probably with my two boys.

Rodeo Joe
02-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Count me in also Pat! :cool:

Joe

J dot Miller
03-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Well... When I did it I called the gardens manager a few weeks in advance and let them know my estimate on how many were coming. We need at least 40 people to reserve the room. Then I went crazy trying to fill the room. During slow times I padded our numbers with other clubs. Many clubs have tried to take our room. To date we always kept it because they remember the Wife and I and we always promised to be there the next year...

We always had to leave the show a few hours early to drink at the bar and hold the spot. Oh the HORROR!!! :eek:

George95PearlSC
04-14-2015, 03:07 PM
I will be there probably with my two boys.

Me and Wifey will be there ! Is there an update on Olive Garden or other?

Randall Burnett
05-05-2015, 08:34 PM
My wife and I plan to attend the dinner wherever it may be.

Thanks,
Randall

Pat DiPersia
05-06-2015, 07:52 AM
By my count, we're at 28 people. I'm sure more will join in as they probably don't read the forums but will be at Carlisle.

Last year we were over the limit for the room, and they wouldn't allow anyone else in due to fire regs. Would be nice if we filled the room again, but would hate to have people we can't accommodate.

My only other thought is to find a new venue a little bit outside of Carlisle (Do a cruise to it maybe) that would be able to better accommodate us. However, most would want a firm head count and/or deposit. I found a few local fire halls that have large banquet rooms, but then we'd have to handle catering it. Not sure we want to go down that road. . .

Boostin89SC
05-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Pat.... Count Liz and I to be at saturdays dinner.

Chris C.

SCTBIRD1173
05-07-2015, 12:21 PM
By my count, we're at 28 people. I'm sure more will join in as they probably don't read the forums but will be at Carlisle.

Last year we were over the limit for the room, and they wouldn't allow anyone else in due to fire regs. Would be nice if we filled the room again, but would hate to have people we can't accommodate.

My only other thought is to find a new venue a little bit outside of Carlisle (Do a cruise to it maybe) that would be able to better accommodate us. However, most would want a firm head count and/or deposit. I found a few local fire halls that have large banquet rooms, but then we'd have to handle catering it. Not sure we want to go down that road. . .

If I recall it's been the last 2 years we have been over capacity in the room (it's usually most or all of my group sitting outside the room LOL).

I don't really see an way for you to get an accurate head count on this dinner since there always seems to be a lot of people who don't frequent the board. I'm open to other venues but I also have no problems with the Olive Garden as they have been good to us. Do you remember what their maximum capacity is in that back room?

BLOWN38
05-07-2015, 01:39 PM
If I recall it's been the last 2 years we have been over capacity in the room (it's usually most or all of my group sitting outside the room LOL).

I don't really see an way for you to get an accurate head count on this dinner since there always seems to be a lot of people who don't frequent the board. I'm open to other venues but I also have no problems with the Olive Garden as they have been good to us. Do you remember what their maximum capacity is in that back room?

Get there on time. lol I wanna say the cap is 40 about 4 rows of ten people. Eh well maybe 50 or 60 the tables are kinda long. Whats there about 15 people per row at 4 rows?

George95PearlSC
05-07-2015, 01:46 PM

Pat wife and I are in din din where ever we are finally eating, just in case i didnt already mention this ? :D

I would like a couple SCCOA stickers please? Also two-three SCCOA tshirts? Xtra large! :)

George95PearlSC
05-07-2015, 01:47 PM

Bryan i know how to spell your name now! LMFAO :p

SCTBIRD1173
05-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Get there on time. lol I wanna say the cap is 40 about 4 rows of ten people. Eh well maybe 50 or 60 the tables are kinda long. Whats there about 15 people per row at 4 rows?

LOL yeah well the Stang guys I have to wait on are slow... I tell them every year to hurry the F up! :D

Bryan i know how to spell your name now! LMFAO :p

You better! :p

George95PearlSC
05-08-2015, 02:06 PM
LOL yeah well the Stang guys I have to wait on are slow... I tell them every year to hurry the F up! :D

You better! :p

LOL cant wait to see you all !!!! :D

Wzenheimer
05-09-2015, 04:02 AM
Pat,

Rebeca and I are in for the dinner!

Chris

JasonMiller94SC
05-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Karen and I are planning to come.

dave4567
05-12-2015, 12:00 PM
My brother Sam and I will be in for dinner. I am coming in from Columbia, SC.

Pat DiPersia
05-12-2015, 05:34 PM
I THINK the room holds 50, if I remember correctly. I'll be calling them shortly to confirm they'll have us again (As opposed to calling the day of!)

Pat DiPersia
05-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Up to 38 people based on this thread.

George95PearlSC
05-12-2015, 05:44 PM

Pat did you count the wifey and I ???:p

Pat DiPersia
05-12-2015, 05:55 PM
I counted everyone who replied to this thread and said they were in.

Jacob_Royer
05-12-2015, 06:03 PM
I'm in so will be dan Thornsberry as of now

George95PearlSC
05-12-2015, 07:38 PM
I counted everyone who replied to this thread and said they were in.

Thanks Pat

Trunk Monkey
05-17-2015, 01:33 PM
I'll be there - by myself ...

msp252
05-24-2015, 10:06 PM

My girlfriend, mom, and I are planning on attending this year as well! Maybe even my roommate if he can get off work for the trip.

so +3 maybe +4

J dot Miller
05-27-2015, 07:16 PM
The Wifey and I plan on being there this year as long as you have the space. Hopefully they will give up some of the perimeter tables as they did for the SCCoA back in the day... :)

BLOWN38
05-28-2015, 12:11 AM
My dad will probably be with me and maybe one other.

95LX
05-29-2015, 07:53 PM
I plan to be there, as usual. I'd also bet 1MTNCAT and SpareŽ Jim will go along as well.

Jim

Pat DiPersia
06-01-2015, 05:24 PM
I just confirmed everything with Olive Garden. We are actually RESERVED this year for the back room instead of a "best effort." Dinner time is 7pm. The back room holds around 40-45 people, and they will also hold a few of the tables just outside of the room for us.

They would really like a final head count on Friday. If you have not yet responded here but will be making dinner, please let me know. Likewise, if you can't make it and already said you're in, let me know. I'll be trying to firm up with people on Friday at Carlisle; I know some won't make it in until Saturday, so. . .

My current count based on this thread is 48 people.

joenintiesc
06-01-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm assuming me and my group will be joining the SCCoA for dinner but I will confirm this now.

Bryan, it doesn't appear that you ever actually came back and confirmed? (I would have been in this group...)

Pat, myself and buddy Heber are a definite

J dot Miller
06-01-2015, 07:53 PM
I just confirmed everything with Olive Garden. We are actually RESERVED this year for the back room instead of a "best effort." Dinner time is 7pm. The back room holds around 40-45 people, and they will also hold a few of the tables just outside of the room for us.

They would really like a final head count on Friday. If you have not yet responded here but will be making dinner, please let me know. Likewise, if you can't make it and already said you're in, let me know. I'll be trying to firm up with people on Friday at Carlisle; I know some won't make it in until Saturday, so. . .

My current count based on this thread is 48 people.

SWEEET!!!! Nice job. I will not be there Friday but I will be there Saturday so count me in.
:)

Kurt K
06-01-2015, 08:09 PM
As I think I mentioned before Jenn and I will be there.

scnut80
06-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Count me in for two

J dot Miller
06-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Oh yea, the Wife will be with me. :eek:

BLOWN38
06-02-2015, 11:52 PM
I confirmed with Spare Jim, he'll be there.

Bill Evanoff
06-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Put me down for one.

J dot Miller
06-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Guys, the Wife and I are glad that the tradition that Don O'Neill had so many years ago is now a staple of the club.

God Bless!