Maintenence Minder

TBirdJKC

I know this is more of a tccoa question, but I know there has to be some LX owners on here too. I have an extra push button style maintenance minder out of one of my former SC's and I would like to put it into my 93 LX. My question is, Are all LX dash harnesses prewired for the minder? I looked around everywhere with the stereo out, but maybe I overlooked something? I know the engine harness is prewired because I have the connector for the coolant level sensor. Ford just taped it against the MAF harness. I know my 93 SC was prewired in the dash, but I think the wire was just laying on top of the stereo.

I believe it should be pre-wired for it, but you will also need to add the coolant and oil level sensors to the car.

I have a coolant level sensor. I just need to drill the hole through my recovery tank to pop it in. I was not aware that there was an oil level sensor? I thought it operated off of the oil pressure switch for the gauge?

Nevermind. I remember now. The oil level sensor is on the side of the pan with a little heat shield to protect the harness from the exhaust manifold, right?

Nevermind. I remember now. The oil level sensor is on the side of the pan with a little heat shield to protect the harness from the exhaust manifold, right?

No, that's the knock sensor. The oil level sensor goes into the side of the pan. Technically, you could run the maintenance monitor without it because the circuit closes when the level is low, so not having the sensor wouldn't trip the low oil level light, you just wouldn't have that feature of it.

Back