Removing upper control arms

Metalcorpse

So I got new uppers and lowers but find myself scratching my head about getting the back passenger side out. The flags in the bolts are tacked on right? Any help on removing would be great

AFAIK, those were to aid installation on the assembly line.

I discarded them when I installed new arms - just try to wait until the car is resting on the wheels before final tightening, but yeah, proper tools help reduce the gymnastics :)

thanks guys i got it done. the driver side is easy to do. now i just gotta wait until i get my bushings for the tie rods for my lower control arms. i think its tie rod bushings anyway. im surprised the lowers even still hold together the bushings look like they no longer exist lol. car has almost 200k on stock parts.

AFAIK, those were to aid installation on the assembly line.

I discarded them when I installed new arms - just try to wait until the car is resting on the wheels before final tightening, but yeah, proper tools help reduce the gymnastics :)

The OFFICIAL way to do this is to put the arm straight out and tighten the arm-to-shock-tower bolts before attaching the ball joint to the spindle, from the Ford Service Manual.

If you've removed the flags, that's easier since you can do that before the spindle and shock are in the way.

RwP

The OFFICIAL way to do this is to put the arm straight out and tighten the arm-to-shock-tower bolts before attaching the ball joint to the spindle, from the Ford Service Manual.

RwP

Good info, thanks.

Back