forums

ganuolfthegrey

if no body is going to hardly get on here anymore. why even have a forum and just use facebook and close this one.
just saying

both have their advantages. i use both and like both. On facebook i'll post quick pics on what im working on just because... but now im searching the forums to learn about cobra brakes. i like seeing everyone's pictures quickly on facebook, but if you need technical help, it will depend to who is online. Forums have much better searchability :) id like to see it a requirement to be a member of sccoa in order to use the facebook page, but its probably too difficult to enforce.

It seems to me that most of the fb users are youngsters. The only reason i have a fb page is to spy on my children. Hahaha.

You cant post any technical or how to information on facebook. Most of the information is lost in a matter of hours or days at the most. zi post all of the technical information like my t56 build in member only forums so only the people who pay the whopping $15 dollars a year to support the sccoa can see it. Like Derrick I only post pics of what I happened to be doing at the time on facebook or reference it when I need a quick reply on a particular subject.

only time facebook is good is for an instant awsner in an emergency really otherwise its just guys bull~~~~ting and messing around it has its good points but nothing like being able to jump on here hit the search button and find 100 explanations of your question or problem and multiple ways to go about fixing it

Facebook blows. When I got into the internet it was because of forums like this, to talk with other people sharing the same interests while having an encyclopedia of knowledge a click away with the search button. Facebook and Twitter and all that other crap is the gutter of the internet - the few times an interesting topic pops up it gets flushed down the sewer amidst the repetitive inane chatter of memes and "how do I beat a Mustang" questions. I'd rather be the last one left on a once great forum than cave to the social media monster I swore off in the days of Myspace.

my 95 pounds s/c with 3 mods drills my wifes 95 gt into the ground in a race i figured out how to beat a mustang
the only time i really say anything on facebook groups is when no one will help them or i need a quick tip or help and am not near my laptop to go on here to ask

At times, this place can be slow, but there's probably just a lot of people lurking and collecting information. Activity can sometimes be a bit of a ruse--at other car forums that I'm at, some of them are just the typical same old questions (mostly repair ones) asked again and again, and although this place certainly has that, what I find is that the people on the other forums are the most likely to sign up for a couple of days, then get their information, and then never be seen again. Slow can be good, too, because I've seen other forums with tons of activity, but with a lot of idiots, where you never want to go back there. For example, depending on the Mustang forum, you can get a lot of arrogant people. The users here, in contrast, typically are repeat posters, where they're both giving and taking information and needing help and giving out help, as well.

There's a reason why I personally have my membership set to "recurring"......over the course of a year, the information shared here is invaluable, even if on a daily basis it may be slower. The quality of person that posts here is sort of like a fine wine--it takes wisdom to like these cars, you know? I doubt that there would ever be a massive amount of activity here, but again, it's quality, not quantity that we should be after.

If you think people aren't on here, its because its still friggin winter as far as I'm concerned. Snowed a couple inches so far today. I wait until the snow is done and its rained a few times before I get my cars out of hiding. Bottom line is I have other things going on, and if I cant drive the car, I don't get on here as much. lol, Cant wait to go out and hit some gears though.

Really Jobe? the fb group is just about a joke.. A bunch of lazy people that are trying to fix up $200 SC's that should have been parts cars and are too damn lazy to use a search button! Too cheap to fix anything right....too cheap to pay 15$ a year to support the club.... to hard headed to take any advice.. This is where all the real information is! you can't search anything on FB and if you ask a technical question it will get answered by someone that thinks you can just stick your balancer back on when it falls off. Good place to BS, share pics, chat etc that's about it! If you try to help anyone over there they will not listen to your advice, then complain when you get mad because you told them the right way to fix something. Then you become an instant jerk because you did not support their stupid idea of doing something wrong :rolleyes: This forum is worth 100$ a year as far as i'm concerned! If i would have actually listened to people on here in the first place i'd be so much farther with my car than i am now.

apparently I've been out of the loop, I wasn't even aware there was a facebook page

I'd like to join and post non-sense

I have spent the last six months remodeling the house i bought and than there is my new garage updating. Havent done a thing to the car. Have several mods to do but to busy. I am on the sccoa everyday. Still this is the best place to go for thunderbird info. Besides i like the members here. most of facebook is made of people i dont know. The sccoa guys and gals i have spent time with, raced and broke bread with. Kind of an extended family with just a few black sheep lol

Ken

As others have said, Facebook is designed around extremely fleeting details in the present. It's not an archive the way a forum can be--trying to search for info on Facebook is a nightmare. And here, at least the ads make a little money for the club instead of for Facebook.

And I'm another person who has zero desire to use Facebook for anything.

Heck, I cancelled my Facebook a couple of years ago, and although there's the very rare time that I miss being on there, 99 percent of the time, I stand by my decision. They should call it an "anti social network". :mad:

:D

The literature and specs and official info is worth it to come here, alone.

Even if nobody ever posts again on this entire website, i would still pay the $15 to keep it up because it is a massive library of information. Being able to talk to and learn from folks who know as much as they do is priceless. And like everyone has said, it's way easier having a technical conversation on here than on fb because that info gets buried and re-asked in a week's time.

This site has done more for me with the several supercoupes that I've owned over the years than any Facebook post could ever do. As a matter of fact when I bought my first one in 2004 I joined this site within a couple of days and have never looked back.

Back