Clutch master cylinder removal help

Corabar

Been stuck on trying to get this ******* thing out forever. Getting frustrated. I've read that you have to turn it so the black part of the MC fits the in square in the firewall then simply pull it out. Problem is I can't get the thing to turn at all. Grabbed into it with my life with plumber pliers and I just keep slipping off and digging into the thing. Don't want to damage it. Is there any tricks I'm missing here? Have already disconnected clutch pedal btw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 99
Which way are you turning it? I've only R&Rd the master from the engine compartment side and it has to be turned counter clockwise from there to be removed, so if you're trying to rotate it from under the dash it has to be clockwise.

Update. I've got it out and as well as the old clutch line. New question is. How the hell do I get the new line in. It seems like the only way would have to put the MC back in place then put the hose in. But that seems impossible to be able to press that roll pin in while it's in the engine compartment. So the other method would be do it all outside the car them feed the hose down but this all seems impossible. Which way do you all do it?

Get the roll pin started before you put the Mc down near its mounting location, then put the line on and with some channel locks or something, press the pin in. It's not too hard.

Press the pin in with channel locks? Thought it would take more pressure than that. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Just scared of dropping the pin into the dark depths of my engine bay

Taking it out took a small screwdriver and a hammer but that was the original one from 25 years ago. I'll give it a Go tomorrow and let you know how that works thanks for the advice

Back