oil pressure?

schwalbe

Yes I used the search no I didn't get my answer.

Anyways I've got a 95 sc. Head gaskets where bad. Changed them. Now my oil pressure barely touches the N on normal. Sadly I don't have time to check any of it out until Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to put a pressure tester where the sensor goes and check it. What pressure should I have? Now my coolant sensor is bad. Would that cause my car to over heat also? What should my oil pressure be at when it's idling? I'm also using model 5w-30 and the temp is around 60 out side. Normally my super coupes run on either o or r. So I'm kinda stumped. Also could someone tell me where the temp sensor is and what it looks like? Thank you.

Have you done the oil pressure sender mod yet? If not, don't sweat it - it just means you've got more than about 7 lbs oil pressure.

See, for instance, this thread on the "other" TBird forum ... http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=75977

Note: It was written for a 4.6L V8, but there's a post or two specifically about the SC in the thread.

RwP

No I haven't yet. Sadly I work a lot and rarely get to drive/work on them. But I have a pressure tester that will go into where the sensor goes and I figure I will be able to check it Monday or Tuesday. So this is why I'm trying to figure it all out now lol

Back