PDA

View Full Version : Cervini Hood Install

1bad67cat
04-12-2015, 12:54 PM
Ok. Trying to get the hood latch to work properly with this hood. I ground off the studs on the latch, but where else should get ground? It will catch on the safety latch, then can't get it open. Any advice, or pics would be greatly appreciated. It's a 90 SC.

tchicken
04-12-2015, 01:46 PM
When I installed a cervini hood, I had to move the latch upwards. I used a dremel tool to elongate the tops of the mounting holes. Put the latch back in, slid the studs up to the new 'top' of the mounting holes, and then tested how the hood latched. Took me a couple of tries because I didn't want to make the holes any bigger than necesary.

davec73
04-12-2015, 07:42 PM
When I installed a cervini hood, I had to move the latch upwards. I used a dremel tool to elongate the tops of the mounting holes. Put the latch back in, slid the studs up to the new 'top' of the mounting holes, and then tested how the hood latched. Took me a couple of tries because I didn't want to make the holes any bigger than necesary.
Could you post some pics of what you did? I have to slam my hood very hard to get it shut

shoalcracker
04-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Post 2 is good.

Next step is look at the deflector mat that runs across the top of the latch mechanism.

Cut clearance out around latch so full body of hood sits flush with rad support.

Paul

tchicken
04-13-2015, 10:10 PM
First pic is of latch installed on the car. You can get an idea of about how high I had to move this latch to work properly with this particular hood (~ 3/16").

Second pic is of mounting point on the car with the latch removed. The red arrows point to the tops of the stud alignment holes that I had to elongate with a dremel to allow the latch to slide up and retain the studs on the latch. Took a couple of attempts, taking just a little bit at a time.
The hood now fits flush with both fenders and closes easily.

Like post #4 said, you may be able to remove the rubberized fiber mat around the latch and gain clearance. In my case, I could tell by the fact that the hood was contacting the tops of the headlights that the latch itself had to move up. Also had to adjust the hood stops/supports at the front corners.