Vinyl Wrapped Taillights...

The keypad on the door, glove box button and aux button on the alarm remote all open the trunk on my car. I suppose you could drop the rear seat and poke the lever from the inside if you had to. I don't think I've ever used the trunk key, actually.

Took a bit of work to get the camera to sit at a decent level so it looks more towards the ground, but it's all good now.

shave it
its easy to take out weld a plate over it a little filler and some paint and its gone same with the emblem to the right
one thing I didnt like is covering the reverse lights it makes them look brown (I did the same thing) wishing I would have masked them, I painted my lights

shave it
its easy to take out weld a plate over it a little filler and some paint and its gone same with the emblem to the right
one thing I didnt like is covering the reverse lights it makes them look brown (I did the same thing) wishing I would have masked them, I painted my lights

I painted mine originally with night shades, then some other brand. I wasnt happy with the finish. I really wanted to have them look gloss black. I couldn't achieve that with the paint. As far as the truck and the emblem, for sure... Soon.

Vinyl Wrapped Tail lights

I painted mine originally with night shades, then some other brand. I wasnt happy with the finish. I really wanted to have them look gloss black. I couldn't achieve that with the paint. As far as the truck and the emblem, for sure... Soon.

That looks really nice! Were did you go to have that done? Looks way better than painting them!

I had the same guy that wrapped my interior console do them. He rents a shop and wraps and tint his is side business. He is a painter for a body shop during the day. Tremendous patience...

I had mine painted and looks the same as yours you cant use the crap at the auto store though mine is clear coat with a little black added and you just keep adding coats till you get the darkness you want. Its pretty easy if you know someone who paints and can get the good stuff I didnt go as dark but you should be able to them here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1110694009509&l=3ed006c2e5

They look nice. They work well with the color of your car!

Those look awesome! I'd do that (or tint the taillights), except i'd always be worried if the cops would pull me over and write me a ticket for illegal taillights. Here, anything that deviates from stock is technically illegal.

I've always thought that the back taillights on these cars look a lot like a pair of sunglasses. :D Then the licence plate is kinda almost like the mouth. You should pose with a pair of sunglasses looking cool like 'yer Bird.

Last edited:
Oh its illegal anywhere just don't go real dark and even put some super bright leds and you should be ok. just be smart about it if you look at mine you can still see red. If you do have an issue you could peel the tint off or sand the paint down.
I did our other two cars and they are darker than the bird and 8 ve been pulled over in each and neither cop has said anything about the tail lights

Back