Detailed specs for SC-specific ADR Kasais

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Howdy folks,

I've got a set of 18" ADR Kasai's that I want to put tires on, but I can't recall the specifics....width, ET's, hubcentric ring size. Unfortunately I don't have them handy to check.

Looks like the SC-specific set was 18x8 but would like to confirm.

Any assistance appreciated!

Yo...I got them from Brad (cudaz101) on TCCoA...if you're really desperate for info, I'm sure he can dig it up for you.

I do know they're 18x8"...forget the offset but they're MN12 specific. Because they're for the MN12, there weren't any hubcentric rings with them...at least I never ran any with them.

If I remember right, I ran 245/45/18's in the front, and 275/40/18 in the back...

Was holding out hope you didn't want them anymore and I could grab them back from you... ;)

Yo...I got them from Brad (cudaz101) on TCCoA...if you're really desperate for info, I'm sure he can dig it up for you.

I do know they're 18x8"...forget the offset but they're MN12 specific. Because they're for the MN12, there weren't any hubcentric rings with them...at least I never ran any with them.

If I remember right, I ran 245/45/18's in the front, and 275/40/18 in the back...

Was holding out hope you didn't want them anymore and I could grab them back from you... ;)

Did the 275/40R18 in the rear rub? Also were the wheels staggered fitment or the same alll the way around?

With the car lowered on Eibach's, they did rub a little bit, mainly if someone was in the back or when driving spirited. I rolled the fender lips though, and they were ok after that.

With the car lowered on Eibach's, they did rub a little bit, mainly if someone was in the back or when driving spirited. I rolled the fender lips though, and they were ok after that.

I appreciate the feedback Jeff. I think iam going to just run 245/45R18 all around, because I am going to drop my sc close to 1 3/4 inches, and I don't really want to roll the fender.

I bought new 18" wheels for it from Brad just got them.

I wanted to have it droped already when I come to Carlisle but dont think funds will be there. Spent enough on the wheels and the tires that I am going to need to purchase now as well.

BTW that car looks great! You still have it?

Awesome, thanks for the info Jeff!

My next questions were going to be about lowering but I think you and George95PearlSC just answered them. I think I'm going with the next size narrower than 275 in the rear to avoid any rubbing when I lower the car since fender rolling is out of the question for me. (....hhmm...or maybe I should just go for the 275 since the Teal car is still on stock springs :p).

So no rubbing issues with the 245/45's in the front in your lowered black car?

Last thing, I do recall when I got these from you I received a baggie with the gorilla lug nuts and some rubber hubcentric rings (which I can't find :()...that's why I was asking for the size. I thought I recall you said that those were used so I wanted to get the size and get some metal ones.

George - Thanks! A few years ago I had other priorities and sold the car to another member. Unfortunately about a year after that, it was totaled in an accident. I currently have an Electric Red 95 5-speed that I'm reviving from the dead...I imagine it'll be somewhat similar to my black one.

Luis - I guess I did have hubcentric rings for them...hmm...don't remember that. Maybe Brad could come up with some? There definitely weren't any issues with the 245's. I would really go 275 in the rear, just because they look great being so wide. You could always find a shop to roll the fenders for you. I know there's a shop local to me that does it for a few bucks per corner.

George - Thanks! A few years ago I had other priorities and sold the car to another member. Unfortunately about a year after that, it was totaled in an accident. I currently have an Electric Red 95 5-speed that I'm reviving from the dead...I imagine it'll be somewhat similar to my black one.

Luis - I guess I did have hubcentric rings for them...hmm...don't remember that. Maybe Brad could come up with some? There definitely weren't any issues with the 245's. I would really go 275 in the rear, just because they look great being so wide. You could always find a shop to roll the fenders for you. I know there's a shop local to me that does it for a few bucks per corner.

So tempting! But really trying to avoid fender rolling...i went through the same thing with one of my bimmers...coulda gone with 305's but there was a risk of rubbing...so I went with 295's im the rear which are still hella meaty. ARgg.

Thanks for the Info, I'll try to contact Brad about those hubcentric rings.

Hi, Guys... Ar eyou both going to Carlisle?

Jeff - Good luck on the new build sounds exciting! An its a five speed thats great!

Louis - Yea i dont want to roll my fender wells either...so iam going 245/45R18 all around! As much as want staggared !

Contacted Brad on TCCoA and he confirmed rings are necessary. I'll be contacting his shop to get some replacements :)

George...after reading your post I checked out the dates and I may be able to go to Carlisle this year. It's been ages since I took a bird there. Last few (which was even several yrs ago) I took the mustang, but this year if I'm able to make it I'll probably bring the Teal car.

Hey Jeff, did you have any ABS issues running different heights in the front and rear? 45 vs 40 respectively?

I could be mistaken but I vaguely recall reading that using different height tires on the sc could trigger ABS errors? IF not....then my follow up question would be, why the bigger height in the front vs rear? I would figure that you would want a bit more meat in the rear for traction.

Hey Jeff, did you have any ABS issues running different heights in the front and rear? 45 vs 40 respectively?

I could be mistaken but I vaguely recall reading that using different height tires on the sc could trigger ABS errors? IF not....then my follow up question would be, why the bigger height in the front vs rear? I would figure that you would want a bit more meat in the rear for traction.

Nope, no ABS issues that I remember, although, they were on an LX and not an SC. I went with width first, then figured out the sidewall ratio to get it as close to stock height as I could. Plus, I got the used 275's cheap from another TCCoA member at the time.

Nope, no ABS issues that I remember, although, they were on an LX and not an SC. I went with width first, then figured out the sidewall ratio to get it as close to stock height as I could. Plus, I got the used 275's cheap from another TCCoA member at the time.

Thanks for the info Jeff.

I ended up going with the Hankook tires, they came in lightning fast. I was walking into the house and got surprised when I found them :).

275 awesomeness

Jeff! I was also able to find the baggie with the hubcentric rings and gorilla lug nuts! Just for reference if anyone else needs this info, the rings needed for the ADR Kasais are 73 - 63 (73.1mm outer diameter/wheel - 63.4mm inner diameter/tbird hub)

Gorilla nut size is 12mmx1.50, I presume the kit part number is 21133HT according to the label in the baggie.

Thanks for the info Jeff.

I ended up going with the Hankook tires, they came in lightning fast. I was walking into the house and got surprised when I found them :).

275 awesomeness

Jeff! I was also able to find the baggie with the hubcentric rings and gorilla lug nuts! Just for reference if anyone else needs this info, the rings needed for the ADR Kasais are 73 - 63 (73.1mm outer diameter/wheel - 63.4mm inner diameter/tbird hub)

Gorilla nut size is 12mmx1.50, I presume the kit part number is 21133HT according to the label in the baggie.

Congrats on the tire purchsse! I am excited to see everyone at Carlisle what wheels were you rocking with the meats on them?

Congrats on the tire purchsse! I am excited to see everyone at Carlisle what wheels were you rocking with the meats on them?

Well, now you know the new tires are going on the ADR Kasais :). If you're referring to the other ones i posted on the top ...those are Hamann PG1 wheels, which is actually a rare re-branded version of the OZ Futuras. I actually have the same Hankook tires on those, that's why I was leaning to get the same tires. I've had many spirited 3 digit stints in that wheel/tire combo and have zero complaints :). Nothing but grins actually!

Nice man! Still wish I would've held onto these...lol...

I hear ya bro, but you now they'll be in good hands :). Really appreciated the deal you gave me and glad to FINALLY put them to good use.

I have the ADRs as well and am still running the same kelly tires as the day i bought the car back in 2008

they are a little sun faded and dry rotted but it rides excellent, these are old pics but the cars look the exact same even today, I'll be getting new tires on the ADRs later this year so I'll post the specs on mine as well

btw, I personally am very fond of the ADRs

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?96009

Well, now you know the new tires are going on the ADR Kasais :). If you're referring to the other ones i posted on the top ...those are Hamann PG1 wheels, which is actually a rare re-branded version of the OZ Futuras. I actually have the same Hankook tires on those, that's why I was leaning to get the same tires. I've had many spirited 3 digit stints in that wheel/tire combo and have zero complaints :). Nothing but grins actually!

I hear ya bro, but you now they'll be in good hands :). Really appreciated the deal you gave me and glad to FINALLY put them to good use.

Those Bimmers are sweet what a collection! :D

Back