Methanol injection on stock?

Why are you considering adding it?

Remember, meth injection doesn't make more power...it just helps from losing power under certain conditions such as when the intake air temps are so high the computer pulls timing. If your stock SC is actually doing that, something needs fixing first, I think.

On a stock SC, I wouldn't bother and put that money into an IC fan and narrow A/C condenser, instead.

I know its not for making power. I wanted to find any means of cooling the engine before adding horsepower. Im trying to build this car up the right way. I plan on keeping it my daily driver so i wont be pushing it too much. I was considering the SMI system but I wonder though, if it can be disabled at will when not pushing my car too much.
My potential upgrades engine wise would go as follow,
IC fan
SMI
Wrapped lines
94/95 blower
trans cooler
intake (filter up to throttlebody)
75mm TB
aluminum pulleys
chip

this is just for a start. I really am not sure what ill do first, but keeping the car cool and making sure it runs clean is my biggest priority. I just heard of so many times where people would upgrade their cars without proper cooling and something would break rather quickly. not just supercoupes either. also the summers where i live get up to 115 outside. id imagine its brutal on cars like these ones.

I know its not for making power. I wanted to find any means of cooling the engine before adding horsepower. Im trying to build this car up the right way. I plan on .

I just tried to answer the original question, so....

But if the question is actually "Does anyone know if a snow methanol injection system would be a good idea on a stock sc that will be modded (see list ) later?" I don't think it would hurt, but of course set up will need to be checked/changed later as the mods come in.

As for a modded car, sure, keep it cool if timing starts being pulled. Just remember, feeding that meth bottle is a full time job :)

Meth can make power if you tune for it. I had tunes for meth on my 13 EcoBoost F150, and they made significantly more power than the non meth tunes. Meth is an octane booster and with the mixture of water, helps with detonation. You can safely run more timing and boost with the right set up.

Spend the money on a FMIC and don't look back. I had the stage ii snow kit when i was running a dbl ic to try to keep the act's under control and while it lowered acts it was a royal ~~~~ and as soon as i went to a FMIC i got rid of it! Its not as great as everyone thinks and a band aid for a crappy inter-cooler. Some will jump in and tell me i dont know what i am talking about... trust me not worth it! you can build a badazz FMIC for less than 400$ that will keep your act's super cool and not require mixing stuff adding stuff etc. And if you have the car tuned for meth and it the meth screws up you can burn up a piston fast! a FMIC works all the time.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if reliability issues would arise with smi. fmic sounds expensive... Saw one a while ago for 1500

Unless you can fab---heliarc it will cost more than
$400. Around these parts heliarc goes for 10 bucks an inch. Just sayin.

Back