i think i should push my sc into a river....

35tbird

seriously...it was majorly screwed up so we took it to a trusted shop we've been goin to for about 30 years...and heres what came up...

failed-water pump,fuel pump, thermostat
blown head gasket(s)
supercharger on last of its life....

don't you just love these damn things.....

the plus is..i'll have a brand new engine practically when it's done...lol

failed-water pump,fuel pump, thermostat
blown head gasket(s)
supercharger on last of its life....

So what's your point? :rolleyes:

all at the same time...arghh...

did i mention i've had the car since june and i have had the crank sensor go out and had the trans rebuild..because 3rd and 4th gear were shot...?

i guess..i'm just frustrated..thats all

welcome to the world of sc's... lol. i bought my car and a month later it blew the HG's and radiator, the diff was shot, almost all suspension bushings totally screwed... it happens to the best of us :)

Sort of standard fare.. However sounds like yours may have a few more negletful miles on it. For example, the SC will run forever as long as the fluid's maintained.. problem is most owners don't know that they're supposed to check it, so they just let it go until rattle-rattle clank-clank.

They are rebuildable though, and if you're mechanical and have access to good tools, you should look into rebuilding it yourself.

Whenever I sit down and tally up all the things I've had to fix/replace (water pump, A/C, alternator, motors of various sorts, engine mounts, sensors, shocks, etc) I think most people probably would have sold the car by now. I've dodged the HG monster, but I don't think it'd be that hard of a job. Once you've surpassed Supercharger+Intercooler anxiety, you find out there's just a plain ole engine under all that stuff that's sometime hard to work on.

Guess I'm just hard headedly determined to keep it running no matter what and I tend to overlook most of its faults. Some friends of mine as me why I haven't bought a new car, I respond "Because I just haven't found one that I like better yet." ;)

Same here, I've got a new engine, supercharger, radiator, fan, all kinds of new sensors, motor mounts, computer, oil pan, couple of alternators, water pumps, struts and shocks, now i need a new tranny, brakes and paint.....life with an sc, so far i'm in the hole 8-9 grand, and i still can't imagine drivin something else. joe

i know..i might just get a cheap winter truck to drive while i fix it....i dont wanna drive the sc in the winter...i love the damn thing
so much!!!

Well...

I boughgt my 90SC with less than 10K on it, this car was PERFECT in every way...Since I have had it I bet my part list would be maybe...1K bux, probably less...And that counts plugs and wires as well as all the odd and end stuff...It is at 97K miles and it runs like clock work...It gave me a HG scare, turned out it was air in the system..."Bubbles"...Still get 26+ mpg with her too...This is the best car hands down, that I have ever had...My 94SC on the other hand is on the other end of that spectrum...Sitting at FORD right now for an eng. change...

My 90SC has defined my love for these cars, the 94 is pissin' me off right now..LOL

Keep your car...

Cheers

Go buy a used taurus sho about a 93 with about 100,000 miles on it that has not been taken care of..... you can rebuild that super coupe 3 times before get done replacing broken parts in the tranny... Great motors ---- worst transmission on earth (I think it is a modified tempo tranny :) breaks like it anyways....

Just remember if you keep replacing parts and not driving it someday it will run like new again.

good luck

Back