Clutch neutral safety switch bypass

Corabar

When I was replacing my master cylinder the other week my vice grips slipped off and hit the switch that connects to the push rod on the clutch pedal and broke the clip that holds the switch up there. Tried zip tying it. No luck. Not sure what to do. Have been having to start the car by connecting the two studs on the starter relay from under the good. Very annoying. Anyone have a detailed way on how to bypass the safety switch? I've seen picture of using two wires but still confused on what I'm actually jumping. Thanks

For about 20 dollars you can buy a new switch from Rockauto, or a little more (22 bucks) from Amazon, and if you're a Prime subscriber ti has free 2 day shipping.

Honestly I think you'd be better off just fixing it the way it is intended to work instead of trying to rig it to work.

If it's not the switch part that is broken, I'm sure someone here has a pats car with the proper clip intact they could send you.

Ryan at thunderbird sc shop has them, used of course. They are hard to get. I bought one and put it up. I made the one i am using from some sheet metal. Your cruise control wont work without the clutch safety and insurance may not cover in an accident with it being bypassed.

Get a scotch-lock and use it to splice together the 2 red with light blue wires going to the switch connector.

Back