Success! Ported and polished late model blower/ 10 percent OD pulley install

1FSTBRD

It's not anything that many people haven't already succeeded with here, but after porting/ polishing/ s porting a late model blower (my own DIY work), along with putting new oil in it and installing a 10 percent OD pulley, I was excited, but a bit hesitant to fire up the car. I was thrilled upon start up, to find no boost leaks, nor anything else wrong. I took it out on the highway, and it makes 15 psi of boost (possibly more, but obviously, the gauge only reads to 15), and before i'd put the blower/ pulley on, it was making just a bit under 10 psi (9.75 or so). I made a WOT highway run, and timed a 6.1-6.3 second 0-60, whereas with my previous mods, it was a 6.8-7 second 0-60. Plus, I like to think that the new home made ram air duct was helping out, too. :D The temp gauge seemed to be normal after the WOT run, and the motor didn't seem too stressed during or after.....engine bay temps and the supercharger IC inlet and outlet weren't very hot. I've done my exhaust work and DIC and fan, so it should be making safe power.

The glaring weak link now is the mushy stock AOD shifts. I'm a little worried about running out of injector (on the stock early model 30 lbs and stock fuel pump), but that should be changed out pretty soon.

Late model blower on 30's:eek: That is going to lean you out man. I have brand new 36's and a new set of 8 55's if you are interested.

Late model blower on 30's:eek: That is going to lean you out man. I have brand new 36's and a new set of 8 55's if you are interested.

Yeah, it's getting a bit risky. :D I do have 36 lb injectors, it's just that i'd need a tune for them and funds are short, at the moment. From what i've read on here, the 30's are good safely up to 275 crank hp at 80 percent duty cycle, and less safe up to 300 crank hp. I'd assume that i'd be between 245-260 ish at the crank, right now (P&P'd late model blower, 10 percent OD pulley, double IC with fan, cats deleted, Dynomax Ultraflo's, K&N panel filter, port and polish work in the intercooler tubing/ supercharger top, Screamin' Demon coil, etc).

My intake/ late model blower work is in this thread:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?135431-Completed-a-ported-polished-case-and-intake-plenum

Though i'd found that the stock early model blower felt like it made more power on 91 octane, i've since upped the octane back to 94, just in case, with the modifications, so the risk of detonation and effects of a lean situation would hopefully be minimized. I'd also wrapped my fuel lines and fuel rails with reflective foil tape to try to keep as much heat out of the fuel as possible. When I had datalogged my 'Stang, wrapping the fuel lines and 1/4 of the fuel rails had dropped the fuel temps from about 165 ish degrees, to about 125-130 or so. It didn't go much above ambient temps.

Update--car is still taking a punishment on the highway, and seems to be fine.....very little strain, temp gauge not moving hardly at all after a spirited 0-60 run, and the intercooler tubing being only mildly warm or barely rising above ambient temps. Traction is a problem--I have Continental Contiextreme DW's, which otherwise have good traction. If I modulate the throttle right, I can get a 5.76 second 0-60 (automatic). We'll see in the summer, when the roads are hotter.

Back