two white connectors. left hand side of trunk

amccoupe1

i got two mystery connectors on the left hand side of trunk behind the hard case.its a 93 sc. i have a 94 v8 that dont have them and i got a buddy with a 93
SC that doesnt have them either. i have keyless entry and that works.only thing im still working on is my shocks which dont work but thats another problem im pretty sure thats not related to these plugs.

Nope. I got the keyless module

I am trying to remember from memory - but I want to say since you have a 93 it might be where they started to integrate different modules...I want to say my 89 keyless entry is 2 boxes where the 94+ is 1 box...let me check my cars this weekend and report back. Keeping in mind the '93 was kind of a love child of early and old with some of the changes.

-Tim

Anti theft moduel

Good afternoon

The two connectors in question are for the anti theft module. For more information do search.

ahhh... ok. that could be it. ill have to look into it. and see why its missing.. maybe partly why my shocks dont work or why i dont have a dash light for them? thanks ill do some research

ahhh... ok. that could be it. ill have to look into it. and see why its missing.. maybe partly why my shocks dont work or why i dont have a dash light for them? thanks ill do some research

Might be anti-theft, as mentioned...or cell phone? My '90 Sc doesn't have those connectors there, so I doubt it's shock related.

ok. was hoping it was that. fuses are good. just got nothing. no light on dash. ill have to do some probing

Don't know about the plugs, but a while back there was a bit of discussion about repairing the ride control modules. Apparently the capacitors tend to go bad and the module fails, leaving no lites or codes. Several guys posted about Radio Shack caps being used for the repair, but they seemed to believe that they did not last long. Try a search to find those threads, but I believe you're gonna b looking for a new (used) module

Adam

Don't know about the plugs, but a while back there was a bit of discussion about repairing the ride control modules. Apparently the capacitors tend to go bad and the module fails, leaving no lites or codes. Several guys posted about Radio Shack caps being used for the repair, but they seemed to believe that they did not last long. Try a search to find those threads, but I believe you're gonna b looking for a new (used) module

Adam

Being the one that started the repair, yes caps from Radio Shack will work but you MUST reseal the contact both top and bottom. Whether its the module is that sensitive for the lower quality Caps but humidity will affect the module if not resealed. I used clear RTV and have no problems but if you have access to it a acrylic sealer is what Ford used.

on the topic of the anti theft module. mine is missing and this car is having ignition trouble from time to time. the starter relay sometimes doesnt get juice. so i ran a wire from the clutch switch to the starter relay so that works constantly.

About the starter relay - there is a multi-wire connector/switch down on the right side of the steering column, inside the dash, that tends to come apart on older SCs. New is around $20, I think, easy to locate and can cure several ills.

ok. ill look into it. thanks. new to Tbirds. previous owner of fox mustang. so im learning about these rare cars

Back