battery going dead

scjranchero

About three weeks ago when I was going to use the headlights there was a buzzing sound coming out from the dash kinda like a transsformer buzzing and it worked like that for a while. After I PARKED THE CAR LAST NIGHT i DID NOT NOTICE SOME OF THE MARKER LIGHTS STAYED ON AFTER THE IGNITION WAS SHUT OFF AND DRAINED MY NEW BATTERY FLAT OVERNIGHT.-sORRY FOR THE CAPS LOL. aNY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT COULD BE GOING ON? possibly the headlight switch as this where it all started. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Gary, forgot to add the car is a 90 xr7.

Last edited:
Well its sort of hard to know, but if the headlight switch is manual, that is you don't have the auto-headlights, the switch could be bad. I would suggest you fiddle with the switch.. turn it on/off/on/off and see if you notice any lights still on. These switches are known to have problems.

Thanks guys-I just replaced the alternator so I think it's ok but as far as the headlight switch it did make the sound go away by switching it back and forth when it first started happening. I will replace the switch and see how it goes. Thanks again!

The car was not charging and the alt light was on so I replaced the alternator and it has been charging since then. I did not test the old alternator before I replaced it.

Back