Throttle Linkage/Throttle Body Issue

Tyler.SC1990

Last summer I put a 75mm throttle body on my SC and the bracketing position of Power's throttle body did not match the position of the stock TB to perfection. Before this I had installed this my AOD transmission had just been rebuilt. Because of the new throttle body not matching the positioning perfectly, I now had roughly 1cm of play in the upper cable before the bracket would make contact with the linkage. I put a fishing wader on the gap of extra linkage to fill the gap, 9 months later my rebuilt trasmission goes out. I now have a refurbished AOD in there and I put a hair tie around the linkage to act as the new spacer as it would disengage (slip into neutral) for the 1cm of play when I stepped on the gas pedal before it would engage. This is very makeshift I know but was wondering how much damage I am actually causing by just using objects to create tension on the cable and not having it at the perfect spot(although it seems to be okay and no longer disengaging/reengaging when I step on the gas.) If it is an issue any thoughts would be appreciated.

Back