master cylinder problems

quick35th

I have a 1990 SC 35th with 180,000 miles. I had a small leak in the master cylinder somewhere in the back. As of lately, the leak has gotten much worse, and it has forced me to curb it for now until the problem is fixed. I called Ford and I got a diagram of the master cylinder. It looks complex, but makes it worse is the prise. They wanted $2,000 for the main cylinder, $1,440 for the pump. After that it made me sick to my stomack at the outradgous prices. Is there any companies that make these part alot cheaper that Ford? I already tried Advanced, Autozone, and Napa, and none of them carried it. Is there anyone that could sell me a used one from a parted out car?

Thanks!
Shane Glynn

www.priorreman.com sells rebuilt masters complete for around 400.00 with warranty. This is your best bet.
You can change the whole booster in an hour if you are comfortable working on cars.

Shane,
Just go to the classifed board. Sounds like you need a new or used. These guys that are selling parts there are there to help with good used parts and fairly good prices.

They will not screw you because the whole club will come down on them. But you will find most folks here are honest.

Kurt Sr

Back