JBL Radio

mikeg3

Does anybody know of a radio shop that will work on the '89-'93 JBL factory
radios. I have two SCs with broke radios and no one in Pensacola will touch
them.

Autocraft Electronics, 1612 Hutton Dr., Carrollton, TX.

You may want to do a search on the name as they are a national repair depot for car radios and intrument clusters for car dealers.

Last edited:
factory radio

this wont help you much i know, but Car Toys, i believe, was going to it for me. they were going to charge me, to fix the radio, more than it was for me to buy a cheap CD player. to me, i dont care about looking stock, and i like getting better things at a cheaper price....not to mention, the stock CD players couldnt play CDR's.

factory radio

this wont help you much i know, but Car Toys, i believe, was going to it for me. they were going to charge me, to fix the radio, more than it was for me to buy a cheap CD player. to me, i dont care about looking stock, and i like getting better things at a cheaper price....not to mention, the stock CD players couldnt play CDR's.

jbl radio

don't know if this will be much help but i went to my local auto salvage facility"junk yard" and asked if they had anybody who worked on radios for them. they gave me a name, the guy picked it up at the yard and within 1 week i had it back, new condensers resoldered connections and cleaned for $50.00. it's worth a try. by the way the radio sounds great.

Pensacola

mikeg3 said:
Does anybody know of a radio shop that will work on the '89-'93 JBL factory
radios. I have two SCs with broke radios and no one in Pensacola will touch
them.
Hey! You mean to tell me that there is another SC in Pensacola? I thought I had the only one. If you read this, I will be in Pensacola this weekend (11-06-04) Give me a call at 944-8530, 0r cell @ 865-92406052. I've got a 91 SC manual trans. We could gang up and spank some ricers!

Mike8675309 said:
you can contact one of our members here. He has been repair the factory radio's and CD players of their most common failures. there is an article he wrote at the 35th Registry site:

http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Radio/JBLRepair.htm

I understand his prices are extremely reasonable and he upgrades the equipment with parts that should last longer than the factory parts did.

Yep, That's me that wrote the article. I'm still taking care of fellow Ford owners on these Radios and CD Players. I've done over 200 units now for various people.

Give me a shout if you want to keep the Factory, Stock equipment and have it reconditioned back to like new sound and operation. My prices are still the same as in the article.

TwoTimeSC polyscroll@hotmail.com

JBL Repair

Dayton Speedometer rebuilt mine. The units had a problem with components leaking. They can replace what's needed. I had them replace all the components. I have a 90 SC since new and wanted to keep it stock.

They can be reached at 937-454-4700

Rebuild on JBL Units

You might want to converse with Paul if you have not already. He replied to you (TwoTimeSC) and I have read some very good things about the work he does. He is not only reasonable, but very knowledgeable.

However, I did have mine rebuilt by Electra Sound in Cleveland, OH. Had I known that my head unit needed a rebuild, I probably would have sent it to Paul. But Electra Sound does great work as well. They also are the OEM for the wiring harness' for our cars. So if you need to make something work, they likely will have a solution.

If you don't contact Paul from this thread, then you can get ahold of Electra Sound at www.electrasound.com. All of their info. is there of course.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Good work....!

I will vouch for Paul's work and ethnics, I have seen people gaff their dashboard, just to have a radio, that when they listen to mine,(REBUILT by Paul, they tell me they should have done what I did. The units are made by SONY, so they are good units, it's just that they are making them for Ford, Chevy, Chrysler whomever, so they use the components that fail their test for the units that have their name plastered all over them and use the less than perfect components on ours! When he is done you WILL notice a world of difference in the sound. cheers and beers, Frank H. Oh! and no I'm not related to Paul,and I wouldn't suggest you buy a used unit off ebay, your jumping from the pan into the fire! LOL.

Back