retro fit racing seats

Bryaninpa

I was just wondering if anyone has retro fit racing seats to the original seat tracks. My seat is broken and I am looking for suggestions as to repair or replace them. Thanks in advance.

Most people make custom brackets.

If you search for it there are some threads where people discuss sourcing and using factory manual seat tracks but I understand they are hard to find.

I used stock brackets to install my Corbeau racing seats. I wanted them to slide forward and back. I did modify them quite a bit. They have the stock seat belt hookup which is nice and bolt up in the stock location.

Ken

try jegs..

I was just wondering if anyone has retro fit racing seats to the original seat tracks. My seat is broken and I am looking for suggestions as to repair or replace them. Thanks in advance.

I am working on this same thing right now. I did find a bunch of different seats that do come with adjustable hardware.. If you call and talk to them they are more than willing to take the time and help you out.. I got mine for a different car so not sure if my stuff would be good for you...Just give them a call and tell them what you are doing and they will seat you in the right seat..."pun there".....Rich

I've got plastic seats from Summit mounted to the stock power seat frames and they work quite well. What I'm wondering is how to attach the seat to a roll bar and still be able to move and tilt it or if you have to detach it for that?

I know Sparco makes aftermarket sliders--I bought a set for my Camaro and ended up not using them because clearance between my helmet and the headliner became a problem. Wedge Engineering makes bolt-in seat mounts that should work with about any aftermarket seat.

So you really don't need any portion of the stock seat, even if you're not great at fabrication.

My car does have the power seat. I really would like to figure out how to be able to keeep that part of the seat. At the same time keep it low. Im 6'5" tall so I need every inch of clearance.

Mike is right about headroom, I am 5'10" and with my helmet on it touchs the head liner. I actually recline the seat somewhat to give me a little headroom

Ken

Back