Surtrack cv axles

Rayo

I know a few of you guys are using the SURTRACK CV AXLES commonly found on Rockauto-->>SURTRACK FD8082

What kind of power are you guys putting through these things??..Without breaking them.. :D

I also heard they are slightly longer than the stock CV AXLES??...So they have to be "trimmed" depending on your wheel selection..

Thanks

Rayo..

im currently running those axles now. ive had them installed for a few months, but no track passes on them. I had to trim the ends off to allow the centercaps to fit on my saleen wheels. What i dont like about them is that they do not have the same thread as the original axles so i could not use my ford retaining nuts that i bought from the dealer. I had to use their axle nuts that came with it. power level in my sig below.

HwyStar said:
Good luck!

Damn! :eek:

Looks kind of rusty..That's a SURTRACK axle??

Did you break the SURTRACK AXLE in a 5 spd car, or an automatic?

Thanks..

Rayo..

im currently running those axles now. ive had them installed for a few months, but no track passes on them. I had to trim the ends off to allow the centercaps to fit on my saleen wheels. What i dont like about them is that they do not have the same thread as the original axles so i could not use my ford retaining nuts that i bought from the dealer. I had to use their axle nuts that came with it. power level in my sig below.
Thanks..

Don't you find that strange that they would use a different thread pitch than the factory cv axles??..Hmm... :confused:

I see you're using a 5 spd as well..With the amount of power you're laying down it's going to be interesting to see how these axles hold up at the track..

What's the highest rpm you've dropped the clutch at after installing these axles?..Major wheel slippage, or did you get it to bite?

Anyone else using these CV AXLES besides dthompson??

Come on, he can't be the only one using them.. :D

Rayo..

I haven't dumped it from very high... probably only 2000. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to not break crap doing something that you know is a bad idea. I can break it loose if I lay into it hard in first gear without even dumping the clutch. Wheel hop is a real problem with street tires.

Last edited:
I haven't dumped it from very high... probably only 2000. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to not break crap doing something that you know is a bad idea. I can break it loose if I lay into it hard in first gear without even dumping the clutch. Wheel hop is a real problem with street tires.

AMEN!!!! Steel belted radials are fun ruiners.

Back