PDA

View Full Version : 90 sc help

stumprd61
05-27-2015, 08:58 AM
SCCOA,

I have a friend who has a 1990 Thunderbird SC. It's been off the road for probably 20 years. I am a car guy, so I know it needs a once over before it's driven but I am not familiar with Super Coupes and their Superchargers. I am making plans to change all the belts, fluids and hoses since it's only wise. I am uncertain of the mileage and what upkeep has been done. I like to know where I should start on the SC. Is there anything special I need to know about the Supercharger and its oil? I have will have more questions, I just know it!

Richard Stump
Mechanicsburg, PA.

90sctbird
05-28-2015, 11:58 PM
I've got a 90 also. 35 anniversary. Just remove the fill plug on the front drivers side of the supercharger and make sure it's full. The oils available from supercomputer performance. Or your local dealer. Wouldn't hurt to pressure test the whole cooling system either. Lot of small coolant hoses hiding around the intake.

KMT
05-29-2015, 12:02 AM
Is there anything special I need to know about the Supercharger and its oil?

Details on supercharger oil & change/fill here: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?103121-Supercharger-oil-change-question&highlight=supercharger+oil

stumprd61
05-29-2015, 07:07 AM
The two answers are excellent and are exactly what I was looking for. I am looking forward to having this car back on the road and taking it to shows.