Hub Centric Rings

Jimmy 2Coupes

SCCoA Member
Today I finally got around to installing the 18" Cobra R's from The Custom Wheel Shop but ran into a problem. It seems the hub centric rings they supplied are to big for the wheel bores. I don't mean pretty tight to get in I mean they won't go in at all. They fit on the hubs OK but not the wheel bores. Anyone else with Brad's wheels and hub centric rings ran into this problem?

Last edited:
no i got some earlier this year (saleens) but i had no problem with the rings fitting. they were tight, like they dont fall out of the wheel after tapping them in. Can you measure them with calipers and see if they are made wrong?

I should have updated this post long ago. Anyway, turns out I didn't need the hub centric rings with the Cobra R,s. Someone at the Custom Wheel Shop suggested I try putting them on without the rings and the fit was very good. Going down the road at any speed the car tracks straight and smooth. And they look d@mm good. Now if I could just get back the 20 bucks I wasted on the rings they told me I needed IBBH.:D

Last edited:
Back