Rewiring harness

bowez

Per Dave's suggestion I think I may need to rewire either my EEC or DIS harness. Two question for those of you that have had this issue (car shutting down at idle, loss of tach at WOT, code comes back with Loss of IDM Signal);

1) Which harness is replaced is it the DIS harness or the EEC?
2) Anybody know a sources of EEC pins/terminals? Though I am not opposed to using leads just would much rather new rather than old if must go down this road.

Just as a reminder I've replaced: Cam sensor, Crank Sensor, DIS/ICM module, and plugs; and had SCU test the EEC and chip both passed. Thing I find odd is problem resolved itself for ~2months since getting EEC back from Dave, and is coming back now.

When I had similar symptoms, it took a new cam sensor and upper harness before they went away. Those and new grounds, of course.

That harness connects to:
- DIS both sides
- SPOUT plug
- A/C clutch
- Coil
- Cam sensor
- Crank sensor
- Main harness at supercharger top/corner, including shielded grounds (1,2 & 3 in the photo)

I had a hard time finding really nice replacements, so I rounded up some decent candidates and started refurbishing. Now I have spares for next time. If you can find someone that does them, it might be worth it, but I'd be curious what they charge.

Be sure to get the right one for your year SC...they tend to vary, with '92 as an example not identical to '90 as I recall.

Attachments

• UpperFrontHarnessAnnotated.jpg
    UpperFrontHarnessAnnotated.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
If its the DIS harness that shouldn't be too bad. Looks like I may be looking for different pins now

Yes, 89-90 are interchangeable, all others are different. I have a number of used harnesses available for that year, condition varies of course. If you need one I can look through and find the best one.

The DIS harness is the one you suggest replacing Dave? Or have you found better luck with the ECC side?

Back