Car Flooding!

Red Thunder SC

there is water (not coolant) dripping onto my passenger side floormat, so I guess that my moon roof drains are plugged. Could you please tell me how to unplug them. It has been pouring all week and thee is no sign of it stopping.

many thanks ahead of time,
Stephan

Stephan,
Open that moon roof all the way open to where you can get to the drain holes. Take a piece of piaon wire (about two-three feet long) and run it in to the drain hole that should clean it out.
You will need a piece of wire that is fairly stiff.

Kurt Sr

GONE14S

I tried a peice of flimsy wire, (best I could find) and then tested the drain , poured wateer in it, and water poured out bottom of car. However, it seemed a little too easy, is there something else I should be looking for?

If you cleaned it out and then poured water into it and it ran out from under the car ,then I would think you pushed what ever was blocking the drain. You should be good to go.......wait till it rains again;)

Kurt Sr

Thanks for all of your help, I'll put it back together (I pulled off cowl to look for tubes/drains) and see if I get a mobile pond again,,,,hmmm...fish tank on wheels.

Fresh water tank or salt water....lol
Salt water fish are a little more expen....lol

Kurt Sr

I have the same problem too, mine drips on the drivers side, on my left shoulders. Where are the drains located.

Back