Put some white face gauge inlays in the SC yesterday and painted the wheel logos

1FSTBRD

I think that they look fantastic! The stock look is nice and everything, but--especially my car being white and all--the white look really gives it a nice bit of colour to the interior. I'd also changed out a burnt out light bulb in the cluster while I was in there, and had dusted the cluster out and cleaned the backside of the see through plastic.

tbirdwhitefacegaugesinstalled.JPG

I was thinking of doing the Bird logo on the center caps black, but thought that painting it white would give it a nice, understated look that makes the wheel cap stand out just a little bit more. I think that it still keeps the classy, understated nature of the cars, but also suggests a customization on an already rare car. I had masked the caps, and then put clear tape over the logo part, and then took an X-Acto knife and carefully trimmed it. While the paint was still wet, I removed the tape and took the X-Acto and carefully (and lightly) dragged it along the natural contours of the logo, so that it was even more accurate than just masking it off and cutting the tape.

singlewheelcentercappainted.JPG

Last edited:
SCarSC, I was going to get a shot of the car, but it rained out last night. I think that I may just snap a quick pic, anyways for the heck of it

Scott, I'd got the kit from Whitefacegauges.net. The neat thing is that they have a full kit for the whole range of T-Birds for those years, so if anyone has a base 3.8 or the 5.0, they can also use it for that. It was $15 bucks or so.

Edit: here's the painted center caps back on the car. Subtle, but there's something else there with the wheels, 'ya know?

thunderbirdwithpaintedwheelcaps.JPG

Last edited:
Back