Keyless entry factory code question...?

tbirdsc35th

Hi, everyone.

I was talking to an old Ford friend of mine I've known for years. He sort of went on with the newer Fords as they came out and I stayed with the Bosses and Shelbys until around 93. He showed me something interesting that I hadn't heard about. He drew me a rough diagram which I made a bitmap of : http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Tips/KeylessCode.htm

He told me if you take apart the keyless entry computer module that is in the trunk and look at the circuit board, you can see where the factory code is hard wired by five resistors and how they are soldered per my picture. Can anyone tell me if this is accurate? I just tonight found an SHO site where someone shows this also. I'd appreciate your input if you know. Thanks all.

I have a spare out of an 89 and a spare our of a 94... which version are you talking about..

Keyless Entry (89)

or

Remote Keyless Entry (94)

I could take one or the other apart and see what the resistors are in there..

and get back to you.. Just tell me which to take apart

Karl

Hi, Karl.

The 89 Keyless entry is what I am referring to. that would be great if you would verify this for me. I can get access to a wrecked SC to look but it will be a few days. Just let me know what you find. Thanks.

Back