Scps coilovers

Metalcorpse

For a while I wasn't sure about the suspension due to price but found out it's more than just ride height. 18 way adjustable? Anyone else know this?? I'm sold. :)

How does it feel with cornering and breaking? My xr7 is my daily driver if like to upgrade but I have to be careful with what I do

These are on my upgrade list for next year and its a lot more than 20 lbs, probably closer to 75.

These are on my upgrade list for next year and its a lot more than 20 lbs, probably closer to 75.

Removing the shocks and springs completely won't save 75 pounds.

Bilstein front shocks weigh 5.65 pounds each, and the rear shocks weigh 3.85 pounds each.

In terms of springs, stock front springs weigh 13.5 pounds each, and rears weigh 11.9 pounds each.

So all told, an SC has 69.8 pounds of spring and shock.

I don't have Bill's setup, but I do have a set of QA1 MN12 front coilovers from an old group buy. They weigh 5 pounds each, so that's only 1.3 pounds less for a pair. I don't have a set of rear coilover shocks to weigh, so I can't help there. However, I'd bet the steel bracket used to attach the shock to the car eats any potential weigh savings from the rear shocks themselves.

Coilover springs, however, will save some weight. The exact weight varies by their rate, diameter and length, but the Hyperco 2.5" ID, 10" length, 600 lb-in springs I have on the front of my red car weigh 5.1 pounds each. So they save 16.8 pounds compared to a pair of stock front springs. Assuming you used the same springs in the rear, you'd save another 13.6 pounds over the stock rear springs. If you can get away with shorter rear springs you might save another pound or two.

Removing the shocks and springs completely won't save 75 pounds.

Bilstein front shocks weigh 5.65 pounds each, and the rear shocks weigh 3.85 pounds each.

In terms of springs, stock front springs weigh 13.5 pounds each, and rears weigh 11.9 pounds each.

So all told, an SC has 69.8 pounds of spring and shock.

I don't have Bill's setup, but I do have a set of QA1 MN12 front coilovers from an old group buy. They weigh 5 pounds each, so that's only 1.3 pounds less for a pair. I don't have a set of rear coilover shocks to weigh, so I can't help there. However, I'd bet the steel bracket used to attach the shock to the car eats any potential weigh savings from the rear shocks themselves.

Coilover springs, however, will save some weight. The exact weight varies by their rate, diameter and length, but the Hyperco 2.5" ID, 10" length, 600 lb-in springs I have on the front of my red car weigh 5.1 pounds each. So they save 16.8 pounds compared to a pair of stock front springs. Assuming you used the same springs in the rear, you'd save another 13.6 pounds over the stock rear springs. If you can get away with shorter rear springs you might save another pound or two.

I know you are articulate about weight I was just guessing a general figure and actually without my airbags shock actuated etc it's probably really close to 75

Back