CAN I GLUE Y FACTORY SUBWOOFER OR WHERE CAN i GETA REPLACEMENT???

sizemoremk

Hey guys,
I haven't posted here for awhile!

I just pulled out my factory subwoofer, an it is separted form the outside foam, but doesn't look all that bad, the foam seems pretty much in tact...

Is there some kind of glue I can use for this, or should I buy another...

I assume the replacement part is kinda rare, so would be pretty expensive, so if it will be worth a darn, I can just glue mine...

Either way, I'd like to know where I can get a replacement, and about what one costs...

Here's a picture of mine:
fd0742e2.jpg

Thans guys!!!

If that outer foam is deteriorated, I wouldn't even bother with glue. You'll end up with a bigger mess than you want, and it really won't work that well at all. I would just recommend putting an equilivent aftermarket sub inside the enclosure to replace the factory, unless you REALLY want another factory sub.

By the way, I do know using glue on a speaker can be a bad idea from experience. It just doesn't work at all on that outer foam (I forget the exact term), especially if it's already deteriorating.

-Chris

That speaker looks shot to me. I would go to a stereo shop and replace it with the same size speaker and wattage.
Its really not worth tring to fix a speaker that is in that condition.

Kurt Sr

I found a radio shack woofer for $20 that screwed right in and works great for me. I'm not looking for much more than stock but it was nice to have the bass back. It's part number 400-1033 . Just a suggestion.

Have a great week.

(Kurt, I LOVE that stripe kit. )

Kewl, I asked radio shack before, and they said they didn't have one...is it a sub woffer or a woofer? Is there that big a difference?

I don't mess around with stero junk much, but I just thought I could glue it, but if not, I'll get the radio shack one!

I see what they want for their regular size subs in those shops, I can't imagine what they'd want for this weid sized sub...

I don't care that its not stock, just that it fits in the factory box...

Thanks for the part # man!

Radio Shack has a sub for our car, but what bout the amp? i plugged mine in when i bought it from someone else, and it doesnt work...suggestions? im really sorry bout putting this hear, i just thought this was better than making a new thread....

Just installed the Radio Shack woofer,
It's not a SUB, buit it works jut fine!

Are you sure there that all three connectors are connected up?
There is one on the left side, and 2 on the right side...

There is a factory subwoofer??!!

where is it? I have the premium JBL audio option on my 92, is there a sub there I dont know about? I replaced the other 4 factory speakers with polk 5x7s.

Back